Thursday, November 17, 2005

Thanks to everybody.

Thanks to everybody who left me supporting comments to last night's post. The good news is that I called him at work and he's there. He says he's doing a little better, but he sounded very down still. He's going out with us for drinks after work. Yes, I know alcohol is a depressant, but it's better than him going home alone and then working himself into a further depression.

And thanks for any and all prayers and thoughts for my friend with brain cancer. All are needed and welcomed.

I was so depressed myself last night that I went to bed at 9:00 p.m. and still had trouble getting out of bed this morning. I wasn't late for work or anything, but it was very hard to motivate myself. And although I don't normally sleep with a stuffed animal I did hug my Jess bear to myself all night. When I woke up this morning Jess Bear was right there being the comfort that Jess always was to me when he was alive.

I'm really sorry for the sad and depressing posts, but it's what is in my head right now.

Thanks again.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, 17 November, 2005, Blogger GoingLoopy said...

Tell him, nay, DRAG him to the doctor and see about some medication. He'll probably pull out of the current funk, but it always comes back. I've been there. It's good that you're making him leave the house.

 
At Friday, 18 November, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

I'm sorry that all these depressing things are going on right now. I hope everything will be okay!!

 
At Friday, 18 November, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't ever have to apologize for depressing thoughts. I'm so sorry for what your friend is going through. But it's wonderful that you are there for him and helping him. It's good to make sure he gets out the house, even if it involves drinking. Just so that he doesn't focus on these negative thoughts alone and allow them to overwhelm him. Goingloopy is right, you should suggest he see a therapist or a doctor of some sort. This isn't something you can handle alone. As someone that has first hand experience with the suicide of a loved one, I can tell you honestly that he's exhibiting all the signs that Jim did. He'll be in my prayers, I hope your day gets better.

Love, Clarity

 
At Friday, 18 November, 2005, Blogger Kathleen said...

Loopy & Clarity - I did suggest a doctor. He said he had gone a couple of years ago but he only went for a couple of months. I told him that I had been in therapy for at least two years! And that he should think about going again. I decided not to nag last night, but I'm keeping my eye on him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home