Thursday, October 27, 2005

Sick and tired

I'm officially sick (fever), but it's not officially bronchitis yet. I finally called my doctor and although they really wanted to set up an appt. I said I really just wanted to talk to the doctor. He called me back during his lunchtime and said, "No problem. I'll call a prescription in for you." It really pays to have a regular GP who knows you and your health issues, because he trusts me when I say I'm getting bronchitis, because he's seen me too many times with it. And as he pointed out with my asthma there's no risking lung issues. I told him that I wouldn't take the antibiotic until I got it for certain, but he said No, start it today so that by Sunday when you leave for Mexico, you'll be on the right track. Man, I just love a doctor who treats you like an adult!!!!

Yesterday was the Rollins spoken word concert, so I went home from work and crashed for 2.5 hours. I called Jim to make sure someone else wasn't going (because then I was going to bail) and then got ready. When I got to Jim's house, he essentially told me that I looked like shit and that I should go home. I told him that I was not going to abandon him. He responded, "You're going to Mexico on Sunday. If you weren't, I would totally make you go, but Mexico is too important. Don't forget to buy me a program." LOL!

So, he sent me home and I agreed because I thought Matt was going to go with him, but after I drove off, Matt said he was too tired (he's 27, how damn tired can he be?), so Jim didn't get to see Rollins. I feel horrible that he didn't get to go, but I really wasn't up to it. And usually if I'm up, contacted, make-up-ed and out the door, I'm intent on doing whatever it was, but last night I just couldn't do it.

I'm taking tomorrow off work in order to sleep in and rest and take it easy in order to facilitate the whole being well for the vacation process. And that probably means that this will be my last post until Nov. 9. Sad, but true. Sad, because it's such an incredibly lame post, but my brain is overheated and doesn't feel like thinking.

Happy Halloween, everybody!

8 Comments:

At Thursday, 27 October, 2005, Blogger Jason said...

Happy Halloween! Hope that traveling with your mom doesn't bring back your shingles. Feel better!

 
At Thursday, 27 October, 2005, Blogger Beth said...

Happy Halloween and have a great time in Mexico. I hope you're 100% by then. BTW, I want your doctor! =)

 
At Friday, 28 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get better and have a wonderful time in Mexico. Bring back lots of booze!

 
At Friday, 28 October, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

Have fun in Mexico! Hope you feel better!

 
At Friday, 28 October, 2005, Blogger Ben O. said...

Get better soon . . . that stinks.

Ben O.

 
At Saturday, 29 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better soon:(

Have a good Halloween, and have fun in Mexico!

Love, Clarity

 
At Monday, 31 October, 2005, Blogger missbhavens said...

Sleeeeep. Sleeeeeeep. Sleeeeeep. Sleep is good. Sleep is your friend, especially when you are sick! Sooooooouuup. Soup is also your friend. And a humidifier. And, I hate to say it: Vicks Vapo-rub.That'll loosen your lungs right up!

Feel better!

 
At Tuesday, 08 November, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had fun in Mexico!

Here's a message for your return.

You've been tagged. Log onto your diaryland name and click "Add an entry" if you feel like joining in:)

I hope you do!

Love, Clarity

 

Post a Comment

<< Home