Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Filler

Does anybody else hate fluorescent lighting as much as I do? I know I looked better when I left the house 3.5 hours ago. My make-up looked good and everything. Now I look wan and death-like. Fucking fluorescent lighting! Environmentalists recommend that one way to save energy is to have fluorescent lighting in the house. Yeah, like I want to look this bad at home too??? I'm big on saving on the environment, but that’s taking things too far.

Forgetting the book yesterday wasn't that big of a deal. I did get a machine in front of the ESPN TV, but then I ended up reading an issue of Ladies Home Journal. What can I say, it had Bill Clinton on the cover and the interview was about some committee/group/thingy which is working on getting Americans to eat better and not be so overweight. The entire magazine kept my attention for the full hour that I ellipticalled, so I guess it was all good. The only problem is that I’ve been working on this one book for what seems like years and I just want to finish it! I have so many books sitting there begging that I read them. Why oh why oh why do I have to be addicted to books???

On Monday when I had the day off I went up to Royal Oak and had lunch with friends and then we wondered around. I went in to the yarn store and walked out with NOTHING! You have no idea what an accomplishment that is!!!! Although I’m thinking that I could have used a nice grey soft yarn to make a man's scarf. DARN it. Ah well, I can always call the boys at the Lansing yarn store and have them mail me some lovely alpaca. I think there's a heather grey, if not, black is always good for a man's scarf, right?

Oh yeah, back to Royal Oak, in our wonderings we ended up in Barnes & Noble – always a dangerous thing to put me inside a book store. Now I had lent my all-time favorite book, The Eight to someone at least a year ago and I've never gotten it back. The thing that really pisses me off is that I distinctly remember lending it to someone (no clue whom) and saying, 'I've lent this book out before and never got it back. I know I can trust you." Yeah, right. It's the third time I had lent out the book (the second hardback) and never got it back. Come on, people, my friggin' name is on the first sheet with my phone number or at least I have my Library imprint in it. It really pisses me off. I return books, thank you very much. I'm pissed at myself for doing it again.

I also bought a book of Mexican stories with the stories written in English and Spanish side-by-side, so I can read it in Spanish and then read the English and see if I still have it. What can I say, I'm a Spanish Geek!!!

"If you judge a person, you never get a chance to love them"

Favorite quote of Octavia who guest wrote for Clarity last week.

I thought it was too good not to share.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, 16 November, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I was lead to your blog by your comment on my guest entry... I have to correct myself! *laugh* There's nothing wrong with looking goth, but there IS a problem with looking like a sad goth child. You know, the 13 year old that dyes his or her hair really badly and basically buys anything with chains? There's such a fine line, and I was on the side of BAD with that hair, hahaha. Anyway... Thank you for the comment, and I really like your blog!

 
At Wednesday, 16 November, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but I wanted to say thank you for your note on my guest entry at Clarity's. Strangely, your note touched me more than all the others - the worst thing is that I know you are right. I don't want him to leave his wife for me, and you were entirely correct that I would never trust him if he did, as I know I'm just one in a string. I wish I had listened to my spider senses the day he asked me for coffee and I knew somehting was up... but I have a thing for living on the edge... I know I'm behaving in a destructive manner, and it so unlike me... *sigh* but you don't know me, and you and the rest of Clarity's readership would be right to judge me to be a misguided whore - becasue it's probably what I would think. I'm rambling now in your guestbook - things better left elsewhere. So I guess what I'm trying to say is... Thank you. And you are right.

 
At Thursday, 17 November, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and people who don't return books, you have to hire a third party to obtain them back.

=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home