Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I'M GOING TO MEXICO!!! I'M GOING TO MEXICO!!

Okay, I'm totally geeked. I just bought my tickets to Mexico City for the last race of the season. I'm going the Sunday before and spending four days with my family and then three days at the race track, then one more day with family and then home on Election Day. I'll have to make sure that I get an absentee ballot, although I'm supposed to be home by 2:37 p.m., it's better safe than sorry, I'm sure!

My racing friend is willing to pick me up and get me to the track and he thinks that my family lives in the southern part of the city as does he, so it won't be too hideous, I hope, picking me up. I'm so so so excited!

And one of my suppliers called today to offer me tix to the Tigers next Monday night. If these are the seats I think they are I'm going to be in HEAVEN! Right on the field at 3rd base. We all know of my love for all things Brandon Inge!!!

I am not going to the gym today as I have to get to the post office. Have to get my passport picture taken as my passport expires tomorrow (or was it yesterday?), mail that off (I hope I get the old one back as it has my Egypt visa stamps in it), mail off the voucher for two free tix to the Tigers game of my choice for arranging the group outing for my b-day and get a certain birthday present mailed off to a certain young woman in Germany. And then I have a massage scheduled for 4:15, so I can't pussyfoot around after work! I might have to take a few moments to repair the make-up and do my best not to look like a deer caught in headlights as in my last passport picture. Pathetic.

Tomorrow I'm heading off to the ABC/English Beat concert up in Royal Oak. I'm totally geeked about that too. So, right now, it's all good!!! I'm avoiding the person who annoyed me last week by point blank refusing to give to the Red Cross because those people chose to live there and they chose not to leave, so they deserve what they get. That shit just makes my bleeding heart liberal pacifist heart want to go ballistic on his Libertarian ass. So, instead I just ignore his existence and slowly gain all that freaking weight back…Oh wait, that's right, I didn't lose anything, so there's no weight to gain back! ;-)

My fabulous new 8% angora sweater is shedding like a mofo. I first thought my pants were dirty, but nope, it's the grey angora on black that's not looking all that fabulous. Ah well, It's a beautiful sweater, so I'll just deal with it. And if I ever lose the weight, I can wear it with my grey slacks.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, 06 September, 2005, Blogger Jason said...

Hooray for you! Have a good time. I've got something for you next time you stop by the store.

 
At Tuesday, 06 September, 2005, Blogger Erica said...

Congrats on the Mexico trip! Drink some water for me. ;-) And then blog about it!

I have a similar sweater that was so soft and delightful and then I started noticing that my nose was constantly itching from the microscopic fibers it was constantly shedding. It shed worst on the part near my butt, of course, because I sit on it all the time and so it just eroded away. Eventually, I wound up with a lovely sweater missing its lower half - just a web of whatever was keeping all the fuzzies together in a semblance of a sweater.

 
At Wednesday, 07 September, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy Mexico. You sound so excited :)

 
At Wednesday, 07 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you go to the game on Monday, make sure to get there in plenty of time for the pre-game ceremonies... I'll be the one in the big, fuzzy, blue kangaroo suit on the field! (It's UW Night at the ballpark...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home