Monday, August 29, 2005

Shop Till You Drop! And ORIOL WINS!!!!!!

I really need to keep a pad of paper and pen at my nightstand, as I get great blogging ideas as I lie in bed unable to sleep on Sunday nights. Every time I think, "Oh, I'll remember this. This is such a great idea." And then the next day I look at my blank screen and have zero clue what my great idea was the night before.

I was completely unable to sleep last night, just like most Sundays and that just annoys me. I even got up and took a nice warm bath thinking that would relax me to the point I could sleep. I was wrong. I didn't even bother with the snooze this morning – okay, I did hit it once or twice, but gave up around 4:30. I had my usual Monday reports to do and one of my co-workers wanted me to help him with something, so I just came in and got the damn reports done. The Co-worker's thing is mostly done. I just have to plug in the page numbers as freaking Word would NOT outline it with the numbers I wanted. Doing fancy stuff in Word just makes me want to shoot people. Today I actually punched my monitor because it was pissing me off so badly. Thankfully I did NOT break my opal which really would have pissed me off.

I did so much damn shopping this weekend! Friday night I went out to dinner with Ursa and OOMA. The original plan was just with Ursa, but OOMA was feeling all lonely, so she asked if he could join us. Of freaking course!!! Damn, but OOMA drives like a Grandpa. I asked Ursa if she were up for a visit to the mall as she had given me a GC for Victoria's for my b-day. She was definitely up for it and the fabulous Miss Sandie joined us as well.

I wish people would pick their feet up when they walk!

We went to Victoria's where I spent more than my GC, of course, and then it was on to The Body Shop. I had held off for years not buying anything from The Body Shop, but now? I'm a complete Body Shop whore. I must say though that the Tea Tree Oil Blemish stick doohickey thingy works brilliantly! I have been fighting a blemish for the past 6 weeks, at least, and it was making me crazy. I started using the Tea Tree Oil on Friday night and it's damn near gone, finally! I also picked up these really fun metallic eyeshadows and a wonderful exfoliating towel which I'm loving a lot.

I'm going to smack the person who has been clearing their throat most obnoxiously for the past hour. Or what seems like an hour.

I watched Steven Spielberg's first film Friday night. It was a made for TV movie called Duel and was done in 1971. It freaked me out. It was essentially a film about road rage gone homicidally insane. If I had been sitting on the couch and not the floor, I would have been on the edge of my seat. I have to admit that I'm a little freaked right now just thinking about it.

Saturday was ostensibly a trip to the Lansing yarn store. We left the house shortly after 10:00 a.m., but didn't actually reach Threadbear until oh, about, 3:30 p.m. (or 3:00 p.m., I can't remember, it was a long ass day), as we were driving through this tremendous downpour around 11:00 a.m. and saw this accident happen right in front of us. In the interest of safety we got off the freeway at the next exit ramp to wait the storm out. Was it our fault that the next exit was the outlet mall? I don't think so.

I found incredible deals at the Casual Corner Annexe, the Van Heusen store and at the Liz Claiborne store? A poncho for $10 and a purse for $10. You just can't pass up deals like that! Hell, I couldn't make the poncho for $10!!!! And it looks quite lovely with my sleeveless red blouse that I got at CCA for $13. Deals, deals, everywhere!!!

We finally got to the yarn store where I had two GCs to spend. The store is just the most wonderful yarn store ever, but it's just so overwhelming that you don't know what to buy. I did the impossible, however, and managed to find yarn that cost the EXACT amount of my two GCs. They told me to buy a lottery ticket for that night (which I didn't do, of course). Julieu had seen the curlicue scarf at Yarn Harlot's site and decided she needed to try it. A friend of ours had done it but used basic cream yarn and I'm afraid that it didn't do much for me. But the boys had Threadbear had one done in this fabulous silk variegated yarn and it caught my eye. I ended up getting two skeins of yarn (not the silk as it was $40 a skein, but this very cool yarn made from bamboo at $12.15 a skein with one skein enough to make one scarf) to make two of the damn things (one for me, one for YS) – thinking that at some point I'll be able to make something other than squares/rectangles. Julieu is going to try it out and then do her best to show us (Spoozy and me) what the heck to do. I better be able to do it or I'm going to be furious at myself for being so damn untalented!

I got home more than twelve hours after I had left it in the morning. The cats were pretending to be starved (they weren't, trust me) and I spent an hour putting away everything I bought. I even did the girl thing and washed my face and then moisturized and serumed and whatevered it. A girl's gotta work hard to maintain that fresh, dewy look. And I rarely work that hard at it because, essentially, I'm lazy.

The BIG NEWS of the weekend, of course, was that My Oriol got his FIRST WIN in Champ Car!! Go Oriol! If I had been home alone watching that race I would have cried (yeah, I'm a complete geek like that) but I was at my friend J's house, so I simply confessed that I would have done that. He made fun of me oh so briefly before he admitted that when his favorite driver got a win last year he was a bit tear-eyed himself. He also called up everybody he knew to tell them, even if they didn't have a clue what he was talking about. LOL! I just thought fondly of the Catalan flag that I have at home (b-day gift from HRH) and how I'm so getting him to sign it in Vegas next month! And thought bitterly about HRH's brother who had felt the need to visit for the first time in fifteen years so that we couldn't go to the race. I can't believe I wasn't at Oriol's first race win.

WAY TO GO, ORIOL!!!!

6 Comments:

At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Blogger Jason said...

Yeah. Dennis Weaver in "Duel"... that was kind of freaky. Any time I see a brown gas rig tailgating me I about piss myself. Congrats on Oriol's first win!

 
At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Blogger Ben O. said...

You don't see the word "Skein" used enough in our modern world.

15 points!

Ben O.

 
At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, of course, thought of you while watching the Champ Car race yesterday. Congrats!

 
At Tuesday, 30 August, 2005, Blogger Erica said...

You know -

Somehow, though I have been reading you for awhile, I have missed the whole yarn thing though now that I think about it, you may have said something in your 100 Things post. So - do ya knit? Crochet? What? I crochet and want to get into knitting. Got Stitch n Bitch but haven't been brave enough to take up the two needles yet.

 
At Thursday, 08 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's your orange unders working out for ya?

 
At Thursday, 08 September, 2005, Blogger Kathleen said...

Sandie - I'm saving them for Vegas. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home