Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Word Hatred and Movies

I don't know what is up with Word today but the cursor is showing right at the tippy top of the page…and when I go into Page Setup it's showing a top margin as 1 inch. And as I was typing that last sentence it informed me that Word was experiencing difficulties and would have to close, but it would like to save my work. Well, it did and when it came back on right away, it was exactly the same way with my Print View not really being a print view.

I haven't worked on Word to any great degree (i.e., outlines, bullet points, etc.) since my old job in SF, but the past week I have been and it reminded me why I hate Bill Gates so much – or at least his extremely shitty software. At some point when I feel my job is secure (will I ever feel that way with the economic climate the way it is?), I am dumping the POS PC at home and getting an Apple product. I don't know which Apple product, but it will have a cute piece of fruit on it!

I watched Inherit The Wind on Sunday night and found it to be very interesting considering the political/religious climate of today. I kept thinking of the old quotation: "Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it." If you have seen this movie, please tell me you can't see that happening today? Especially with the crap about Intelligent Design which is so popular and prevalent.

I just found this picture and holy shit, Frederic March who played William Jennings Bryan in the film looked freaking EXACTLY like him! I had to look at Clarence Darrow twice to make sure it wasn't Spencer Tracy!

Last night I watched Closer and I'm not sure what to think, other than WTF? This was my favorite quote of the reviews at Rotten Tomatoes: "My desire to give all four a bracing slap didn't prevent me from thinking that somewhere, in a universe I've been fortunate never to inhabit, people play exactly these sorts of games." -- Lawrence Toppman, CHARLOTTE OBSERVER

I don't think I hated it, though, as I am thankful that I've never been that fucked up. I honestly don't know how I feel about the movie. I guess like Donnie Darko I'll have to see how it wears/works on/in my brain for a while.

And that's it for today, kids. Time to go home and perhaps walk to pick up my car. Stupid heat shield was loose.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 30 August, 2005, Blogger MJW said...

Boy, am I having an influence on you! Apple computers and Rotten Tomatoes! :-) (That has a ring to it, doesn't it? :-)

 
At Tuesday, 30 August, 2005, Blogger MJW said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home