Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Nightmares and Tigers

The last two nights I have had trouble sleeping and I definitely can't blame it on the weather as it's been beautiful sleeping weather. I fall asleep fine, but wake up much earlier (couple hours) than I need to and then can't fall back asleep even though I'm still very tired.

This morning I had absolutely fabulous dreams about sharks and leeches. In the first part (I think it was the same dream), I was on this extremely long pier but the pier had a wall along one side and this shark was trying to get me. It kept ramming its head up against the bottom part of the pier as I ran back towards (presumably) shore. Every once in a while I would stop and lean against the inexplicable wall and the shark would know where I was and just batter the hell out of the underneath. Boards were popping up all around me. I finally get to the beginning of the pier, but it doesn't go all the way to the beach, but stops at a man-made reef (for lack of the correct term) consisting of lots and lots of rocks. There is very wide expanse of sea I still have to cross to get to the beach, but I believed that the shark could still get me. But the shark sort of ceased to matter because there were all these people on this reef and one of them kept cutting up what looked like jellyfish, but I knew were leeches and the person was throwing them into the area of the sea I need to go through to get to the beach, and I kept pulling the leeches off me, but more would take their place. I woke up with the willies.

Last night was a good time at my Grandma's house. The OS brought the new puppy, Swiffer and he was a hit! And my one cousin showed up with her 5-month old baby and in my family, all babies are a hit. I got to feed him and burp him and everybody commented that I should have one of my own – knowing damn well that my plan is NEVER to have children. Yes, they're cute. Yes, I love them. But no, I do not want any of my own! There was a discussion last night about favorite sounds. As my nephew crawled all over me, I said my favorite sound was the quiet of my apartment after spending a few hours with the Terror Children. Everybody else was getting all philosophical – the sound my baby makes when it first wakes up, the sound of the hardware clanking on a flagpole, etc. It's darn hard for me to be philosophical about sound when there are yelling kids around. And trust me, I don't begrudge them the yelling because their parents do.

My 12-year-old cousin just called to see if I wanted to go to the Tigers game tonight with him. His friend and friend's father had two tickets but weren't able to use them, so offered them to the G-man. My uncle is out of town and my aunt wasn't really interested in going, so someone suggested they try me. Yay! Jeremy Bonderman pitches tonight and he's our best pitcher so it's always good to see him pitch. The Tigers are on a five game winning streak after beating the A's last night. They are within one game of .500 and every time they get close, they get nervous or something because they have not yet quite reached .500. I want them to continue their winning ways! Especially if I'm there! *fingers crossed*

GO TIGERS!!!

3 Comments:

At Thursday, 25 August, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

Wow, that was some dream! All week I was having the same sleeping problem - being dead tired and just waking up for no apparent reason. I think it was stress - there were rumors of a lay off at work. When nothing happened with the lay offs, I slept a hard 9 hours straight yesterday. Whew!

 
At Thursday, 25 August, 2005, Blogger Ben O. said...

Very cool way of putting it - Good Sleeping Weather. I have never thought of what type of weather is better for sleeping.

I think I prefer a light rain.

Nice insight on that one.

Ben O.

http://everyothernamehasbeentaken.blogspot.com/

 
At Friday, 26 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting dream! Leeches and sharks are two things I fear strongly. (shivers slightly) I liked your previous entry with your own memories of childhood too.

I hope you have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home