Friday, August 26, 2005

Not much of anything

Whew!

You Passed the US Citizenship Test

Congratulations - you got 10 out of 10 correct!


So, the Tigers have once again been bitten by the "almost .500 bug" and managed to lose the last two games. I'm REALLY glad I didn't go to yesterday's game which I saw in the paper was an 11-1 loss. Yikers! Wednesday's game (the one I went to) was just painful. Our ace did not pitch well but then took a line drive to his throwing wrist. He was writhing around on the ground and I was very scared for him. He apparently has no broken bones, so that's good news. He thinks he's going to pitch in Monday's game which would be his next start. Tramm's not so sure. Jeremy hates it when he pitches badly and wants to get back out there to redeem himself. I understand, but there's no reason to push a return until all are certain he's fine.

I did not go to the gym last night as I had to go to the funeral home. One of the mainstays of my church died last Thursday after a very short (two weeks) illness. YS was pretty sure that the last time she saw him that he was having a series of strokes and it turned out that he did end having a stroke. I took a nap before I went to the funeral home as I was so so tired yesterday from not getting to bed until midnight. I'm planning on going to the memorial service today at 10:00 a.m. I think back on the church I attended as a child through high school and it was just huge and if someone died I more than likely didn't know them and I most definitely didn't go to the funeral, but when your church has less than hundred members, it's easy to get attached to them. Barney made me a little crazy when he would take up the collection and he would shake the basket in my face, but I know he didn't mean anything by it. And for the record, I would write out a check once a month, which is why it didn't look like I gave every week.

I promise that I will be at the gym this afternoon and then I'm going to Red Robin with Ursamajor tonight. I have a coupon for my b-day and it expires today. To work off the food I'm going to eat at Red Robin, I'll be working out for at least two hours. Earlier this week I only managed an hour each day, but today, no more slacking!!!

Back from the funeral and it was not very well-organized. First off, there was no funeral Mass. Now I know it's not de rigueur or anything like that, but this was a man who NEVER missed Mass and was VERY involved in my church, and was the Chair of the Worship Commission, not exactly a faint of heart Catholic. Instead they had a Memorial Service where his oldest son didn't even show up until 10:30. Remember above where I said the service was at 10:00? Yup, a half hour late to his own father's funeral service. There was no microphone, so half the time you couldn't hear Fr. or the oldest son (once he got there). His wife was supposed to sing a song, but that didn't happen because she NEVER showed up. Still I'm glad I went and represented my own family since Mom had to work and YS is up north working.

Not a whole lot happening here. Don't forget to watch the Champ Car race on Sunday from Montreal. It's on NBC at 1:30 pm ET!

TTFN!

3 Comments:

At Friday, 26 August, 2005, Blogger True Jersey Girl said...

I got 9/10...not too bad.

You and your Champ Car races...LOL!

 
At Friday, 26 August, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

I passed...barely: 7/10. Yikes!

 
At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Blogger John said...

Crud. I missed the one about the first Commander in Chief of the military. It looked like a trick question.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home