Friday, August 19, 2005

Nothing Exciting

Yesterday I went to the gym as always and after getting my fat percentage checked (I'm down one whole percentage point) I got onto my favorite elliptical machine (the one in front of ESPN, but not the one that smells) and found that I had ZERO energy. I didn't think anything of it at first because I figured I just needed to get warmed up. Well, it never happened. I forced myself to do 30 minutes but it was a baby speed. When I finally got off, I realised that not only did I have no energy I was also nauseous and light-headed. I stopped at Merchants on the way home because I needed something to eat and I knew I didn't have the energy to fix anything. Thankfully they had the Kathleen Salad (way far down in the post) as well as good chocolate bars 3 for $5. They were out of the good margarita mix (good meaning that it's not made with high fructose corn syrup), so I got a different one. Then I went home, ate some of the salad and then crashed. I was actually cold. I can't remember the last time I was cold in my apartment. I figured it wasn't a good sign. I ended up taking a good hour nap which was not in the plan. The cleaning last night consisted of taking out the garbage and putting videos and books away and then shoving boxes into my massive living room closet. I still have more boxes with which to deal, but I just couldn't. I took a shower and went to bed. Today I need to vacuum and figure out where HRH is going to sleep. I hope she wants to sleep on the couch because that's a helluva lot easier than dragging the futon off the frame (it's better that way, trust me) and making it up. Too damn hot for that much exertion.

I almost didn't come to work this morning, but I have an agenda to get out, a meeting to attend at 7:30, and I believe that if you are too sick to go to work, you're too sick to go out, which would have been a problem since I have 31 people meeting at Tiger Stadium tonight (yes, I know it's called Comerica Park, but in my mind, the Tigers play at Tiger Stadium and that's all there is to it), so I have to be there – besides the fact that I've been looking forward to this for almost a month! I'm going!

I've had my meeting, now to track down some engineers and get agenda items, then I'm going the hell home to bed!

1 Comments:

At Friday, 19 August, 2005, Blogger Jason said...

Happy Birthday! Have fun at the game!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home