Friday, November 18, 2005

My Review of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Well, I'm back from my 10:30 a.m. movie showing of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. And let me tell you all something, it FUCKING ROCKED!!! Sorry about the language, but it was so bloody awesome.

Now, to be honest, I hated the last movie which really ticked me off because it was (and still is) my all-time favorite book of the series. So, I'm not a blanket love-everything-that-is-Harry-Potter person.

There were a few things that bothered me in this one: mainly I really have not come to love the new Dumbledore. I probably wouldn't have a problem with him if Richard Harris (it was Richard Harris, right?) hadn’t had the part for the first two movies. He was PERFECT! New guy? I don't know, I just can't warm up to him.

Obviously things are missing (it's just shy of three hours, but doesn't seem like it, even when you have to pee like a freaking race horse for the last hour and a half), but that book was HUGE! They had to eliminate some stuff. I'm going to give away the missing stuff now.


*** SPOILER ALERT ***


The subplot concerning the Weasley twins and Bagwell is not included. Nor is the story of Crouch's house elf Twinky or whatever the crap her name was. And I have to tell you that even though I noticed it right away (at the Quidditch World Cup match) it was the last time I thought of it. You don't really miss any of it, truthfully.

*** SPOILER ALERT OVER! ***



For some reason, Universal Studios apparently couldn't afford hairdressers for the boys as all of them were in dreadful need of a haircut. They reminded me of my 17-year-old cousin over the summer. Every time I saw him I wanted to take scissors to his head. It wasn't a good look in the 70s and it's not now. I hope they take care of that by the next book. Really no reason for half the cast to look like Bernie Ecclestone. For those of you unsure, he's the weasel in the middle. *shudder* I can't believe I just did that to myself. He's so icky he gives me a full body shudder.

So, if you're the least bit interested, check it out! But don't be like the complete bloody idiots in front of me who had a (at most) three year old with them. It was a bit intense for me!!! Much less a cute little three year old in a pink winter jacket! DON'T BE STUPID, people!!! LEAVE THE SMALL CHILDREN AT HOME!!!!!

6 Comments:

At Friday, 18 November, 2005, Blogger mr. schprock said...

Blimey!! Not I REALLY can't wait!

 
At Friday, 18 November, 2005, Blogger mr. schprock said...

I mean NOW I really can't wait!

 
At Friday, 18 November, 2005, Blogger GoingLoopy said...

GO TO THE GYM!!!

Hehehe. Just doing as asked. I actually did go last night, but I'm ditching tonight to go see Harry Potter. :)

I'm glad your friend seems to be doing better.

 
At Sunday, 20 November, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how the fuck old are you?
You talk about dating problems and now Harry Potter?No wonder.Stick with knitting,nut sack.


























h

 
At Monday, 21 November, 2005, Blogger Erica said...

Okay, Kat -

I agree with your review - the bits that were left out weren't really detrimental to the movie. I thought they tied it all together really well, considering the complexity of this book.

I don't mind the boys' hair so much, but I do wonder if that's how folks in the UK are wearing it these days? :-) I loved the scene with the dragons, thought Mad-Eye Moody was well done. I too cannot warm up to New Dumbledore. I pictured him (before the movies) very close to how Richard Harris portrayed him. And now this guy just feels like a totally different character. I liked how they did the pensieve, and I thought Voldemort was creepy as hell. I loved it! This was my favorite of the movies, though I did like the last one, too.

 
At Monday, 21 November, 2005, Blogger Scott said...

Geez, no kidding. I can't believe someone would bring a kid under ten to a movie like this.

What's up with anonymous?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home