Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Bertuzzi back...

No, I'm sorry, but Todd Bertuzzi should not be allowed to play another NHL game until Steve Moore can. I don't care how freaking sorry he appears to be. And I'm sure he is, although I don't consider a 17-month suspension that much of a hardship when the freaking NHL didn't play all last year!

"I believe that Mr. Bertuzzi is genuinely remorseful and apologetic for his actions on March 8, 2004, and the consequences that have flowed from such actions," Bettman said. Whatever, Bettman, I'm still awaiting for your letter of resignation from the debacle of what was NOT the 2004-2005 hockey season. And now this? And I'm pretty sure Mr. Bertuzzi is more regretful of the consequences of his actions. Do I think he's sorry for his actions? Probably, but the fact remains that he's a HUGE guy and Steve Moore will probably never play hockey again. And if Marc Crawford still has a job in the NHL, I'll be even more disgusted. He's put goons on the ice late in a very much decided game too many times for it to be a coincidence. He's a goon in a suit and one helluva lot of hair gel. I'd like to see him blackballed from ever coaching again in the NHL.

Danson (Steve Moore's attorney) added: "I think this is a missed opportunity to send out a very strong message. In my opinion, no matter which way you view the facts, the N.H.L. has given Bertuzzi a 19-game suspension for the most violent criminal act in N.H.L. history." And that's pretty damn hard to argue against, thank you very much.

And trust me, I hate the Colorado Avalanche, being an ardent Red Wings fan, but that which is wrong is wrong regardless of the team to which the person belongs. And I think that if one of my beloved Red Wings had done the same thing I would be saying the same thing. Of course, my beloved Red Wings would never act in such a horrible way. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home