Thursday, August 04, 2005

100 Things I Like

KT shared with us, her faithful readers, her 100 Likes the other day. I thought that it was a great idea, so I'm totally copying her. I also found out that Heeland Lass did so as well. The idea is catching on!

100 Things I Like


Rules: Make a list of 100 things you like in no particular order. Avoid the obvious (significant other, cake...) and be completely honest with yourself. If you try to think of things that you are curious about and inspired by, you'll end up discovering a lot about yourself and in doing so developing a sort of bank of your interests and ideas.

For the record, I don't agree with the cake issue as I don't actually really like cake, except pound cake, but there you have it.

1. knitting
2. yoga
3. footbridges where you can play Pooh Sticks
4. Audrey Hepburn movies
5. sleeping
6. lots of blankets
7. Guinness
8. sitting on the front porch reading a book
9. silk
10. maps
11. Scottish accents
12. MAC lipstick
13. office supplies
14. sushi
15. Faygo Pineapple Orange
16. holding a baby and getting it to stop crying
17. my uncle's fabulous Swiss cheese potatoes
18. Detroit
19. rings
20. rhinos
21. fun-colored Post-it notes
22. writing letters
23. Mexico
24. Heath bars
25. spy novels
26. Champ Car
27. all that is Harry Potter
28. Netflix
29. asparagus
30. shopping with Martha
31. water
32. giving gifts
33. Canadian money
34. Hines Drive
35. yarn stores
36. jewelry that makes noise
37. staple removers
38. The Body Shop Papaya scented products
39. squirrels
40. the way babies snuggle against you
41. compact cars
42. reading while walking home
43. meeting new people
44. museums
45. Just for Redheads
46. blue jeans
47. taking a shower after a long, hot day at the racetrack (best shower ever)
48. blue skies with pretty fluffy white clouds
49. the idea of wishing wells
50. concerts
51. learning the flags of other countries
52. reading on-line diaries/blogs
53. foreign films
54. ibuprofen
55. Spanish literature
56. a good stretch
57. my boss
58. fried food (sadly)
59. pinot grigio
60. not leaving the house on cold, snowy days
61. cookbooks (sad thing is that I rarely cook)
62. watching movies with people who know how to be quiet
63. having a cat crawl into your lap while watching TV
64. watching thunderstorms from the safety of the house
65. polar bears
66. Chuck Taylor All Star High-Tops
67. my Dan Gurney for President bumper sticker
68. driving long distances alone
69. herbal teas
70. playing "keep the balloon off the floor" with a bunch of people
71. going out for ice cream/frozen custard
72. my hair short
73. trees
74. hockey
75. giving screaming, dirty-diapered babies back to their parents
76. going home after spending time with multiple loud children
77. spinning little kids around and around and around while they giggle with glee and then can't walk straight
78. tall silver slides – the ones made by American who built their name into the steps
79. Friendly's Reese's Pieces Sundae
80. having the boss tell you that you can go home early
81. summer
82. champagne
83. the soft glow candles give off in a dark room
84. grilled cheese sandwiches
85. my freckles
86. childhood memories of all the neighbor kids playing games late into the evening
87. pyramids
88. old book stores
89. orchestras
90. my ruler which is your standard ruler on one side but lists Egypt's pharaohs along with years on back
91. calling the computer help desk the Helpless Desk
92. going to baseball games with friends
93. crispy crunchy tofu from Thai Stick in San Francisco
94. enchiladas suizas
95. kissing
96. lights turning green as I approach them so I don't have to brake at all
97. blowing on babies' tummies and making that noise to watch them laugh
98. people who believe wholeheartedly in a worthwhile cause
99. timing race cars at the track – best when I have three stopwatches
100. crying at movies or books
101. hugs (yes, I can't count)

7 Comments:

At Thursday, 04 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

freckles and a redhead? You must be Irish!

Canadian Money is pretty badass. There is magical properties in the coloured ink.

 
At Thursday, 04 August, 2005, Blogger Opera Gal said...

thanks for coming over to opera-land! (paste)re: Danielle Charbonneau: LOL - I do a great impersonaton of her - she just sounds so damn snooty - you would think she would work that French Canadian accent towards the sexy end of the spectrum.
But hey, don't give up on WHFR - classical from 2AM-10AM 7 days a week, and my show 10AM-1PM on tuesdays. :)

and hey, I looked at your profile - The Eight is one of the best books EVER.

 
At Thursday, 04 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for being my first vote. I'm in the lead now by ONE point. I'm hanging on a precarious thread..But holding strong. haha

I liked your list, I wish I was inspired enough to make my own.. but the problem is that I've read so many other versions..that I can't think of my OWN happy things anymore. I might have to wait a few days to clear my head before I attempt it.

 
At Friday, 05 August, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Ooo .. I have never been sure what staple removers are for, they are not that hard to remove without one..still whatever turns you on :)

I think I would like your freckles too ;)

 
At Friday, 05 August, 2005, Blogger Kathleen said...

Cole: Just possibly. ;-) I like the loonies and toonies best. So practical.

whfropera: Wish I didn't have to work during the day so I could listen to your show.

Clarity: I shall will it that you win. ;-)

Dipper: If you were a girl and cared about your fingernails, you'd understand the love of staple removers.

 
At Monday, 08 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list. I have actually played Pooh sticks on the actual Pooh sticks bridge (as drawn by Shepherd). My Dad won, of course.

 
At Monday, 08 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool. i love lists. having OCD i make lists everyday, mostly check lists... things i have to check and then check off the list. making a list of things i rather enjoy instead of necessity is much more fun, but takes a little more effort. -kez

 

Post a Comment

<< Home