Friday, July 01, 2005

Happy Canada Day!!!

HAPPY CANADA DAY to all my Canadian friends and readers!


If there weren't already enough reasons to hate Nike. WTF? I hope Minor Threat and Dischord Records sue the shit out of them and WINS fucking big time. Thanks to Collin for finding that. Oh, I read further at Collin's site and Nike is now saying "Oops, we didn't mean to steal that." Fuck off, Nike. Okay, here is Nike's actual quote: "This was a poor judgment call and should not have been executed without consulting Minor Threat and Dischord Records." Yeah, like who doesn't know that stealing somebody else's idea is WRONG and ILLEGAL. Let's all send Dischord Records $5 to help them pay their lawyers to take on the big bad corporate evilness that is Nike.

My afternoon/evening was kind of not all that interesting. I did a little knitting, got the knitting I’m going to take Up North all organized, found my Animal Rescue Site tote bag and packed it with my beach towel, bath towel, washcloth, hand towel so that we're not wasting paper towels, and movies. If there isn't a DVD player up there though I'm screwed because I only packed DVDs. I packed 12 Angry Men because BST hasn't seen it and I think he would like it. I already know that Jason loves it and I think Glen likes it, so I don't think it's a bad choice. I also packed some icons, like The Breakfast Club, Major League and Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail. I left all the Alfred Hitchcock at home, which makes me sad, but no reason to overdo it!

Tonight will be a fun night! My friend Martha is coming home from Mexico for the week and we're meeting up at Cheli's for beers. She's been in Mexico since January and I miss our weekly Thursday beer nights. She's threatened to keep me out very late, which is cool. If I'm too tired to drive, BST said he would drive my car. I'll probably be fine since we're not leaving until 11:00 a.m., but it's good to have a back-up plan!!! So, tonight I'll be off my no food after breakfast diet and will have multiple Guinnesses and maybe Cheli's most fabulous nachos!!! I can't wait for her to come home from Mexico for good and we can get back to our Thursday routine!

Don't forget that I'll be gone all next week and won't be back until July 11th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home