Monday, January 03, 2005

Happy New Year

Hello all! Happy New Year to those I have not yet wished such.

I am back among the living, but God only knows how long it will last. I'm fighting bronchitis and hacking up a lung, so be very thankful your desk isn't anywhere near mine. Unfortunately the bronchitis is putting up a helluva fight, and I'm going to help it along when I go outside in 60 minutes in the cold and rain and attempt to change a flat tire. I'm thrilled to pieces, kids! This is a relatively new tire (six months old), so I'm officially cursing the potholes of the greater Detroit area and the people whom I deem responsible for them! So, beware!

Sure, I could ignore it, as I do walk to work and some weeks my car doesn't move except for church on Sundays, except that I have to get McCoy to the airport sometime this afternoon and I really really really need rear brakes, so the car was heading for the shop this afternoon anyway. Sometimes cars are really a pain in the tuchas!!! Here's my agenda for the afternoon (my afternoon starts at 11:00 a.m.).

11:00 a.m. Walk home
11:15 a.m. Change clothes into tire changing outfit
11:20 a.m. Look at car and wonder who I can con into changing the fucking thing.
11:25 a.m. Decide to try it myself and figure out where the spare and tire iron and the thing that jacks the car up
11:30 a.m. Cry, because I really hate having to deal with crap which makes me feel inadequate.

At some indeterminate time later, I plan on the bloody thing being in the trunk, stupid donut spare on the car whereupon I'll take the car to Belle Tire and they will inform me that the flat fucker can not be fixed and I will need to buy a whole new tire (pray for my rim, please).

If Belle Tire takes a long time, we'll walk to find some lunch and then I'll take McCoy to the airport and then drop my car off at the garage for new rear brakes and then walk home.

Tomorrow I'll be home from work since I'm sure all that time spent outside in the cold and wet weather will give me a relapse, but let's keep our fingers crossed! And then I'll tell you all about my fun-filled two weeks off.

Oh, and if you haven't donated to the Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund, get your butts in gear! There are a myriad of Internet sites which are accepting donations. I donated at Oxfam, but I understand amazon.com is accepting as well. And keep all those poor people in your thoughts, and if you're so inclined, your prayers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home