Thursday, December 16, 2004

Thursday Stuff and another survey stolen from Clarity

I'm getting a little tired of feeling rundown all the time. I went to the doctor months ago because I was just exhausted all the time. The series of bloodwork he ordered was insane, but found nothing. I spent yesterday sleeping. I woke up at 11:00 (this after waking up before 6:00 to call Bill and leave him a message telling him I wasn't going to be in and could he please page/e-mail the appropriate people), showered, got on-line and at 1:00 p.m. I signed off and crawled back into bed and slept for three more hours. And this after I went to bed at 9:00 the night before. How much sleep does one woman need??? It just seems that I've been fighting something since winter didn't officially begin two months ago. And it's tiring not feeling well all the time.

Here at work I'm in charge of collecting all sorts of engineering reports and filing them. The problem is that I have no clue what these things are or the best way to file them, so I have this pile sitting on my desk waiting to be put neatly into folders and then into the file cabinet. My issue is do I file according to program or report type or both? I've been waiting until I get enough to see what seems to be the best way, but I just don't know. I have today and Monday to figure it out since I want it done by the end of the year and I'm done with this place until January 2005.

I'm doing pretty well on the Making of the Christmas gifts for this year. Last Friday I finished the four scarves I was making for Meg to give to the people with whom she's worked this semester and got them in the mail. Hmmm, I haven't heard from her. I hope they got there. Then Friday and Saturday I crocheted madly on Mom's afghan. I finished it up Sunday and stuffed it into a box. Next on the list was a cute little Bernat Boa pink/purple poncho for my six-year-old niece. I finished that up yesterday and started a matching scarf for her. If I had felt better yesterday imagine what I could have accomplished, if I hadn't slept all day long. If I'm really productive, I might make a matching hat for her as well. And my older niece is getting a scarf just because she made fun of my knitting. That'll teach her! Maybe.

I have at least three rosaries to make by Christmas Eve too, although I figure I could technically make Grandma's Christmas Day if need be, but then it wouldn't be blest before I give it to her. Hmm, I should probably make a list of everything I need to do by Christmas.

Make three rosaries (A. Colleen, Grandma, Mrs. Livingston)
Annalise's scarf
Scarves for Ryan and Aaron (gotta figure out a way to make theirs fun, but not so fun that T&S have a heart attack that I'm making their toddler sons gay)
Third scarf for Meg – she really liked this yarn she found at the Plymouth shop so I picked it up. I already made her one in her school (Central Michigan University) colors and the black one she's been wanting for a year.
Scarf for BIL – my sister told me a while back that Dave is expecting me to make him a scarf. She offered to make him one and he said No, Kathleen's going to make one for me. So, I have the yarn.
Baby Blanket for Aidan, my cousin Maureen's baby.
Scarf for Eric, Clarity's husband.
Throw for Paula

Nope, no way I'll get it all done for Christmas. *sigh* Ah well, good thing the stuff I have to have done for Christmas is feasible. The other stuff is just extras. We're not having Christmas with Tim & Sue until after Christmas, and since I didn't get Dave's name for Christmas, I don't technically need to have his scarf done until I get to it. The baby blanket will get done whenever. I've already told Paula that she'll get her Christmas present in January, so it's all good.


And now for the survey stolen from Clarity:

What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?

Started my diary, went on a cruise

Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't make New Year's Resolutions as nobody I know keeps them.

Did anyone close to you give birth?


My cousin gave birth to the most adorable little boy, Aidan. Friends Rick and Kelli gave birth to the adorable Brendan.

Did anyone close to you die?


Yes, my Uncle Chuck in April and my dear friend Jesse in August.


What countries did you visit?

Canada and the island countries of Antigua, Martinique, St. Maarten and Tortola

What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?

Better health

What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

January 28th, OWRS wins bankruptcy court hearing, April 17th, the day Uncle Chuck died; August 5th, the day Jesse died. All of the parties in August I had to celebrate my 40th b-day.


What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Didn't lose my job.

What was your biggest failure?

Gaining too much weight and being unable to lose it (although I'm trying damn hard these days)


Did you suffer illness or injury?

An absolutely hellish case of bronchitis over Easter weekend and I had to go to Easter Vigil since I was a young girl's sponsor. I was absolutely miserable.

What was the best thing you bought?

The opal ring I bought on my cruise.

Whose behavior merited celebration?


Patty who handled Jesse's passing beautifully – much better than I did.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

President Bush.


Where did most of your money go?

Cruise, travel to races, yarn

What did you get really, really, really excited about?


OWRS winning the CART bankruptcy hearing over the hated despised horrible and nasty IRL which meant that I had Champ Car races to attend, the Lansing yarn store opening up, seeing my friends at the races

What song will always remind you of 2004?


Sparklers and Bottlerockets by Tijuana Strip Club

Compared to this time last year, are you:


happier or sadder? Happier.


thinner or fatter? Fatter *sigh*.


richer or poorer? Poorer, but I'm working on it.


What do you wish you'd done more of?

Reading


What do you wish you'd done less of?

Eating.


How will you be spending Christmas?

I'll sleep in as I'll go to "Midnight" Mass* and then I go to my aunt's house and help her wrap presents as she doesn't do any wrapping until Christmas Eve. I started this tradition when I moved back to Michigan four years ago and I quite enjoy it. If I have her rosary done I'll give it to her that night. Around 3:00 p.m. on Christmas Day I'll head over to my sister's house and spend the rest of the day with Mom, Meg, Michele, Dave, Annalise, Gregory, Grandma, Fred and probably Aunt Joanie and whichever of the girls are around. I'll also pray for my cousin Brandon who is being shipped out CHRISTMAS DAY to Iraq.

Did you fall in love in 2004?

I'm not sure I believe in love anymore – at least, not the non-platonic kind.


How many one-night stands?


Shit, I'm not sure I even kissed a guy in 2004. How pathetic is my life!

Favorite shows?

A&E's Cold Case Files, American Justice and City Confidential


Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

Not that I can think of right now

What was the best book you read?


I read so many good ones. Angels & Demons and The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown, The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl, and The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason


What was your greatest musical discovery?


Tijuana Strip Club and PlanetUron

What did you want and get?


A Champ Car season


What did you want and not get?

A trip to Mexico City to see the last Champ Car race of the season

What was your favorite film of this year?


Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (I only saw two in the movie theatre)

What did you do on your birthday?


My actual b-day? Worked my usual 6:00-4:00 and then met up with a bunch of friends at my favorite bar


What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Not being fat


How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?


Elasticised waistband pants

What kept you sane?

Knitting


Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?


Johnny Depp

What political issue stirred you the most?


The moron in the Oval Office.


Who did you miss?


Friends who live too far to see very often:

Paula, Rebecca and Sal

Who was the best new person you met?


Erich and Clarity


Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:


When you reach 40 your metabolism takes a powder.


Today's Time Waster: Bounce Out on Yahoo! Games


My New Favorite Song: "Mercy Springs" by Tijuana Strip Club


Food I'm Craving: Nothing as I had too much pita bread at lunch and I'm feeling fatter than ever.




*Midnight mass at my church is held at 8:30 p.m. as the neighborhood isn't really the best to be in late at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home