Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Stopwatch Hearts

I borrowed this from Heather as I started a post about my weekend at home and will tell you all about it once I get it finished. I even have pictures!!!

Have you ever been in a fantasy league?

I guess so, although we just call it a hockey pool and we don't jockey around with our teams every other second. You pick before the season starts and you're stuck with those players until the halfway point when you can dump the underperforming or injured or players who retired two days into the season. My kind of "fantasy league."

What was the first sports jersey you ever owned?

Red Wings Away (it was the Away Jersey when I got it) #8 Igor Larionov jersey. My only other jersey is my Igor Larionov Russian jersey.

10 favorite athletes:

Gates Brown
Aurelio Rodriguez
Igor Larionov
Gordie Howe
John Wockenfuss
Mario Andretti (yes, race car drivers are athletes, so deal with it)
Dan Gurney
Brandon Inge
Manny Legace
Joe Dumars

Three Athletes I secretly admire but am ashamed to admit it for fear of ridicule.

This is hard. I generally don't admire people if I think they're worthy of ridicule. And if I like someone who others don't normally deem worthy I'll take whomever on and explain why I admire the person.


Three people (outside family) you would pay to have coffee with:

I don't drink coffee, but I'd like to have a cup of tea or a Guinness with:

Clarity
Kyle Mills
Danny Elfman

One Thing You Could Change If You Could:

The state of my company because that would make everybody's mental health much better as hovering on the brink of extinction is not fun or happy.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, 22 August, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

The Russian Larionov jersey sounds cool. I have a Russian Fedorov jersey that I adore but I can't wear it around my dad for fear thath he'll burn it off of me!!

 
At Wednesday, 23 August, 2006, Blogger Glen said...

(blowing on my knuckles) I take full credit for finding that sweet jersey for my girl Kathleen...saw it on eBay and knew where it belonged!

The original A.ROD, with his black glove and all those line drives down into the left field corner for easy stand-up doubles, I can still picture him next to Tom Veryzer. Good memories.

 
At Thursday, 24 August, 2006, Blogger Kathleen said...

Heather - I just wish it were the Red Army jersey. ;-)

Glen - Yes, you did and I will love you forever for that (as well as many other reasons), not least of which is you understand my love of Aurelio.

Lando - Saw that movie a year or so ago, it's what inspired me to get the book. Now to get motivated to read it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home