Friday, August 11, 2006

Blue Meany's "The Magical Mystery Mix Chain CD"

I received The Magical Mystery Mix Chain CD from Blue Meany on Monday and listened to it on Tuesday but then got completely sucked into the Budget Project From Hell With The Twenty-Four Hour Deadline. Here are my Non Guesses On Songs I've Never Heard Before In My Life (at least most of them).

Song 1 – I know this song, but I have no clue what the title is or who sings it. This is where my complete non-listening to the radio is going to hurt me.

Song 2 – Very Country Twangy and since I couldn't name a country song other than "Achy Breaky Heart" (and dear God, don't we all want that one stuck in our heads?), I'm completely clueless. The title could be "Queen of my Double-Wide Trailer."

Song 3 – Another "Absolutely No Clue" song. I'm pretty sure this song doesn't get airplay as the FCC would have a heart attack – a tad suggestive.

Song 4 – My notes on this one say "Voice sounds familiar." I'm really good at this game, aren't I?

Song 5 – Mexicali Blues, that's all I wrote.

Song 6 – I actually know this song, knew it within the first few notes (I Practice Santeria), but sadly, I couldn't tell you who sings it or the actual title of it if you put a gun to my head. I so suck at this.

Song 7 – All I wrote down for this was ANC – Absolutely No Clue.

Song 8 – This one started off with growling, and I wrote "No Freaking Clue – Definitely Never Played on the Radio."

Song 9 – "Another song that I know but couldn't tell you the title or band – I'm so pathetic."

Song 10 – Sounds like The Beatles, but since I hate The Beatles (yes, I know, get over it), I have no idea what this song is. Of course, it might not even be The Beatles.

Song 11 – Woohoo!!! I know this one! Queen, Fat Bottomed Girls. This song made me so happy. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to be able to name any of the songs.

Song 12 – Crimson & Clover by somebody…

Song 13 – Just another song I don't know.

Song 14 – Actually pretty happy I don't know this one. This is the only song that I would skip on subsequent listenings (when at work, I put in one CD and it plays non-stop for 8 hours, so I listened to this CD a good number of times on Tuesday.)

Song 15 – Mathilda by Harry Belafonte – Thank you for putting on some oldies for those of us over the age of 40. I love Harry Belafonte. The FF had the album and it was a TREAT when he would play it.

Song 16 – This singer has a voice I hate – sounds like Bob Dylan.

Song 17 – This song has to be from Blue Meany's time in Iraq. It was pretty amusing. I liked the sounds of the guys laughing in the background.

Song 18 – "I really liked this song, although it only lasted something like 30 seconds." (It's actually 1:41 long.)

Song 19 – Another army type song – 1940s maybe.

Song 20 – Oh CRAP! I know this song!!! "Oh Lord, Won't You Buy Me a Mercedes-Benz." SHIT!

Song 21 - Hair Band Sounding – wasn't overly fond of it.

Song 22 – She ended on a high note with one of my favorites – Sid Vicious singing "My Way" from The Great Rock and Roll Swindle.

Now I have to wait for the remaining people (of the 9) who received the disk to post their guesses. I'm betting everybody is better at this than I was, eh? Bloody hell, I sucked.

5 Comments:

At Friday, 11 August, 2006, Blogger Scott said...

I would totally suck at this kind of thing. Once upon a time I would have rocked the Cazbah.

 
At Friday, 11 August, 2006, Blogger fakies said...

I recognized several of the songs you mentioned and I didn't hear the CD, LOL! Of course, I listen to music 24/7, so it's kinda my thing. That's a very good idea for a game, though.

 
At Saturday, 12 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, good guesses! And now you know that I am able to enjoy pretty much any type of song ever made. You are, I think, the fourth person to post guesses, but if the rest don't do it within the week (or shorter, depending on how much patience I actually have), I'll go ahead and post the answers. Rock on!

P.S. How can you hate the Beatles??

 
At Monday, 14 August, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

Ooo! I want to tell you who a couple of the artists are that I recognized from the song titles but I don't want to give anything away. What a fun game!! I'm always asking my mom and Collin "Quick! Who's this?" and getting annoyed when they don't know. How do I get to play this game?

 
At Monday, 14 August, 2006, Blogger Kathleen said...

Scott - You & me both. I would have kicked serious butt back in the 80s.

Trina - I should have included more lyrics, then maybe I could have gotten help. ;-)

Meany - I couldn't find anybody else's guesses (tried WCG & Loopy), but I'm looking forward to the correct playlist. Sacrilege of sacrileges, I can't stand John Lennon's voice.

Heather - Hmmm...that's a thought. Officially, I'm supposed to offer a mixed CD to the first person who requests one, so I'll e-mail you for your address and one will be winging its way to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home