Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sugar & Stress

First things first, someone please tell me that getting shat upon by a bird is a sign of good luck, in some culture!!! I was walking home from work on Friday, taking my usual route, the same route I've been walking for about five years when out of the blue I got splatted. I was not pleased. My walk is a whopping 13 minutes with 7 of that inside, and probably 3 minutes outside until I reach the point where I got attacked. The last two minutes of that walk seemed to last a lifetime as I contemplated the mess on my shoulder and sleeve. And then when I got home, I discovered that the bulk of it was down my back. I was pleased. I was thankful, however, that I was wearing a windbreaker-type-esque jacket, so I was able to wipe it down. YUK!!!

I thought I was going to do laundry yesterday afternoon, but I was sadly mistaken. I got downstairs with my laundry and quarters to see the machine unplugged. I still had to walk across the room to see what was up. Yup, sign on the machine saying Out of Order. DAMMIT!!!! I called Schneider to see what was up, but he never called back. I hope it's fixed soon! I despise having to take my laundry elsewhere to get it done!

I finally got around to making the CDs I've been talking about. Actually, I made two different mixed CDs with a third one possibly being done today (I had a lot of songs picked out that I simply MUST include). It took a while to copy six of each version. I was at GtG's as he knew how to do it and had the software and hardware to do the work. I was there until 1:00 a.m., so everybody who is getting CDs from me, go there and thank him for the help, because otherwise, it would have been all talk and no action on the CDs!

After work today I'm heading over to the conference center because Katherine Legge is going to be there. I've registered for the event and even sent in two questions. At first I thought it was going to be a small event, just this Women in Business group, but then the VP sent the invitation to all Michigan employees. DARN!!! Still, I think it'll be interesting to see who shows up, how many people show up, and how many actually have watched her race. And maybe I'll have a chance to ask more questions than the one I sent in when I registered. There was only space for ONE question and that didn't make me happy! HRH wants me to buddy up to her, so that we can get a tour of PKV Racing next weekend in Milwaukee (not this coming weekend, but the first weekend of June).

My weekend was darn near perfect! Friday was hanging out with GtG, BST and AM while downloading music and making CDs. My goal going in to the weekend was not to leave my apt. on Saturday (had to make up for last weekend when I had ZERO time to myself) and I succeeded! I should have attempted to do laundry on Saturday, but just didn't have the wherewithal to put forth that much energy. I watched my new obsession all day long while making rosaries and knitting. Sunday was Mass (another 2 hours, it's ticking me off) and then I went home and watched the Atlantics race from Houston which had been broadcast at 3:00 a.m. and then I hunkered down for the Champ Car race from Monterrey, Mexico. It was a good race between the reigning two-time champion and the RuSport team. I like Sebastien Bourdais, the champ, but I was rooting for Justin Wilson. SeaBass won the first two races of the season and I thought a new winner (qualification: one I like) would have been nice, but SeaBass drove a brilliant race and his team gave him a lightning fast pit stop for his last stop which got him out in front of Justin. It's hard to beat the Newman-Haas team when it comes to pit stops! It happens, but not very often.

Sunday evening I had a party to attend for GtG's 40th birthday. As he's pretty much the best person most of us know there was a good turnout and we had four full tables of at least 8 people. The food was excellent, as it always is at "good Italian." They have bread to die for. Ooooh, it's soo good! Our table made short work of our multiple baskets and then just eyed another table's as they had a full one! A full basket of bread just sitting there!!! Guess they were all on Atkins or something! Sad, oh so sad!!! OOH! We got gift bags!!! I have never gotten a gift bag at a party, so it was very exciting! The best part (besides the kaleidoscope-y thing) was that everybody else gave me their Pixie Stix!! Woohoo!!! Sugar high here I come! The boys bags held army guys (I was a little jealous) and Michigan-legal fireworks. The girls bags came with pink plastic cups, a pink pen and silly putty (mine is red and came in an apple). Both bags held the kaleidoscope-y thing, a superball and candy. So fun! I know you're all jealous of my Pixie Stix!

I'll tell you all about the Katherine Legge event tomorrow! I'm pretty darn geeked about it. When the e-mail came out, I had one co-worker immediately forward it to me asking if I were going and then a few moments later, my brother did the same thing. I told them both the same thing – I had already registered! And earlier a co-worker stopped by to rub it in that he had been at the race this past weekend as he is a Champ Car official and had the responsibility of watching Katherine's pits this weekend watching for infractions, etc. He's going to be there as well! We're such Champ Car Geeks!!! And proud of it!

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, 23 May, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

I've been shat on twice by birds. Both times by blue jays. Once was at Diamond Lake, Oregon and the other was in the California redwoods. At least I had pretty scenery to enjoy whilst getting shat upon. I missed out on army guys??? Damn it!

 
At Tuesday, 23 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know what you hear from Schneider. The washing machine has been out of order since last Thursday and I'm more than desperate for clean underwear myself.

 
At Tuesday, 23 May, 2006, Blogger fakies said...

A friend of mine had a bird egg fall out of a tree and land in her hair. It was the weirdest thing. But it was much harder to get out than bird crap. Her hair looked like Mary's do in There's Something About Mary!

 
At Tuesday, 23 May, 2006, Blogger mr. schprock said...

A birdie doo-dooed right on the front of my pants once. For some reason it felt like I had to walk an awfully long way to find a public restroom to clean it off.

 
At Wednesday, 24 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They do say getting shat on by birds is good luck don't they? I once got pooped on my chin when I was sunbathing with a boy I liked when I was a teenager - at that age, I didn't think it was good luck. More like my world was ending!! Dramatic teenage days! And yes, I'm still sending out emails. I'll check the list and make sure all is well. Hey - how did you like your creme egg minis? I am STILL wearing your scarf. It is so flipping cold here. Every morning I put it on and thank heavens for you!!!

 
At Wednesday, 24 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think it's anything but dumb luck. Ick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home