Tuesday, December 06, 2005

On The Run

Why oh why do I feel the need to indulge in cheap milk chocolate? I know it's going to make me nauseous in about five minutes, but I do it and then wonder where my brain went. And I gave up four quarters for that (quarters are very precious when you live in an apt. and have to feed the great washing machine god said quarters). Now to find my Tums.

I had a pretty good weekend. The highlight of which was finding a Used CD at my favorite CD store of Bigod 20 with their cover of Madonna's "Like A Prayer" on it. For the record, I can't stand Madonna and literally the only reason I know the words to this song is because of Bigod 20. If you can listen to a snippet, go for it, because it pretty much rocks in a way Madonna only dreams of rocking!!!

I was with YS and as soon as we got into her truck (why oh why do I let her drive? I swear she drives so slowly on purpose to make me INSANE!) I ejected whatever CD was in and put in the Bigod 20. I was like a little kid in a candy store. Dancing around in my seat belt, banging out the beat on my air drum. Yup, it was very cool. Yesterday I listened to the entire CD (six different remixes of On The Run, plus one other song with no words) and it's all pretty good. I quite like it and it was definitely worth the price!

The Craft Show went well, thank heavens. I was sitting there for at least four hours before I sold a single thing. I was sitting there thinking "It's a donation to the church. It's a donation to the church." Of course, what I was going to do with all those damn scarves I didn't want to think about. I hope next year that the planners of the Craft Show figure out that maybe, perhaps, possibly it would be a good idea to advertise the damn thing.

I sat there envisioning me bringing the leftovers to work and see if I couldn't pawn them off. But I didn't have to do that! The one person who drives me most insane bought 3 of the $20 scarves. Egads! Now I'll have to be nice to her for a while! Let her hug me and say Hi. *sigh* And then my church mother's daughter showed up and threw 3 $20s on to the table and laid claim to a $20, a $15 and a $10 scarf. I owe her one more $15 and I've been working on that since Sunday. I have three orders as well, so what started out looking like a debacle turned out quite well. And I have orders from work as well, so I'll be busy the next few weeks. Hmm, wonder when I'm going to get my shopping done!!!

I now have to think about my guest entry for GoingLoopy. I have it one-third finished!

Oh yeah, to Crave, newish sushi restaurant/nightclub in my neighborhood. When I live a quarter of a mile away and can make out the actual songs you are playing at 1:00 a.m. (Sunday night/Monday morning), it might be a tad loud. FUCKERS!!!!

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, 06 December, 2005, Blogger Jason said...

Cheap milk chocolate? Say it ain't so. Those CRAVE people are fuckers. Good call.

 
At Tuesday, 06 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that's where that fucking music is coming from?! I actually thought that someone in a band had moved in next door.

 
At Wednesday, 07 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the scarves! That's so exciting! Of course you're going to be busy now, but that's so cool! Your scarves are beautiful and I'm glad people are appreciating them!

Yeah, I love cheap chocolate milk too.

Oh and not EVERYONE was happy to see that I spewed out profanities. I received an angry E-mail. hahaha.

I'll share more about that in my next entry. I swear, the drama never ends. Hope you have a good day!

 
At Wednesday, 07 December, 2005, Blogger Scott said...

For some reason I don't like the old milk chocolate bars anymore. I guess after eating Ghirardelli and finer chocolates for so long, the old stuff lost in comparison.

I'm no Madonna fan either, but some of her songs were pretty decent. Like a Prayer was one of them, so I'm not surprised to hear that a band has modernized it and made it a hit again. It warms me to know that our old music can still make it in the mainstream.

I wanted to let you know that I have a short story on my blog, and if you get the chance you should give it a read. I wouldn't mind a critical eye, so let me know what you think. You'll find the link on the side of my blog. It's called Played Out. My little free writing session gave me an idea for a new story, one that is mostly real, but would make for some interesting fiction.

 
At Thursday, 08 December, 2005, Blogger GoingLoopy said...

I like chocolate in any of its incarnations...except with nuts. I hate nuts. But I love scarves.

 
At Monday, 12 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving a comment at Goingloopy..The singer is Ivri Lider. He is just the cutest thing in the world. He is gay and I kept hoping at the concert that he would see me and fall in love and let me have his kids..but alas..:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home