Friday, December 23, 2005

Feliz Navidad! (Happy Hanukkah, Merry Kwanzaa)

Hey! Look! An Entry! How exciting!

I can't remember (and am too lazy to check) if I wished you all a very Happy Christmas (Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc.), and since there are three people here at work today, I thought I would take the time to bore you all just one last time in 2005.

Of course, I can't remember the great entry that I wrote in my head on the walk in this morning (I didn't freeze to death like every other morning this week, so that was nice), so you'll have to deal with whatever crap comes from my fingers.

Yesterday afternoon was spent at my favorite bar with friends. I have to remember that I freeze to death at my favorite bar and to wear multiple layers. I was last there about a month ago (the week before Thanksgiving) and I remember having to go home and take a hot bath because I was frozen solid. Same thing yesterday.

Now, Martha refuses to let me walk home from the bar even though I live two blocks away and I live in a safe neighborhood, but I was ready to go home before she was (I was super tired yesterday), so I got Jim to give me a ride home. Jim is my friend that I met because of my Champ Car license plate. He's a good kid (he's only 27) and a nice guy, but Martha got it into her head that I should date him. *sigh* We hadn't even gotten to his truck yet and she called me to tell me to invite him in. I laughed at her and said No. He drove me home, I hugged him Good night and went inside. I then got a series of text message from Martha:

M: Do him!
K: You are crazy.
M: Consensus sd u shd do him! In stupid nt crazy.
K: You are all crazy! For the record, I have no clue what the second half means.
M: Well? How's it going?
K: Fine. I'm running a hot bath.
M: 4 2?
K: No, just me.
M: Crap. Got 2 work on u some more.
K: I am interested in one person only.
M: Sue is giving u shoot & score lessons.
K: Huh?
M: Oy!
K: How can she give me lessons if I'm not there?
M: We'll set a time.
K: I don't need lessons – just the right guy.
M: Could b Jim.
K: No, he's on his way to FL right now. (he's = right guy)
M: Driving?
K: Not Jim – the only guy in whom I've been interested in a very long time!
M: Name of guy?
K: Yes.

That was the last message, so maybe she gave up. But Martha is persistent. She's been bugging me about going to a nutritionist for the past 8 months. I don’t want to see a nutritionist because it's going to be a waste of time. I don't cook. I can cook, I just don't like to. Besides, it's really hard to cook in a kitchen w/zero counter space.

I then knitted a little bit while watching the last half of the Year Without A Santa Claus (I had watched the first half before going to the bar) and sneezing to beat the band. I wonder if I'm allergic to the bubble bath because these were incredibly impressive sneezes. I took my allergy pill and it didn't help at all. I went to bed at 8:00, my phone rang at 9:00 (I thought it was my alarm but it wouldn't turn off when I hit the snooze), Ursa came upstairs to give me my Christmas present, I sneezed some more, took an Alka-Seltzer Cold & Cough Nighttime and then crashed out.

With my luck I'll get sick – it's the holidays and I have a week off. Of course, I'll be sick. I prefer being sick when I can call in to work! ;-)

I have a party to go to tonight and I'm sure it's going to be a good time. Tomorrow is Midnight Mass (at 8:00 p.m., nobody wants to be in my church's neighborhood at midnight) and then I'll go to my aunt and uncle's to help wrap presents. Sunday I'll sleep in, make whatever the heck I decide on (either fruit dip with fruit or this fruit salsa that I had at a party two years ago and it was fabulous), wrap the presents I have to take with me and then head over to my sister's at 3:00 p.m. where I'll be able to eat whatever I bring, salad, whatever YS brings, and maybe potatoes. Oh, and of course, the damn Christmas cookies. ;-)

I think we're going to reach a total of 6 people in the office today from my department. Woohoo!!!

I just got done reading this column on last minute gift ideas and it's pretty damn funny. Check it out.

13 Comments:

At Friday, 23 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did have a phase when I was sixteen of drinking Bud, but it only lasted about 2 weeks, heheh. I then fell in lurrrve with Stella Artois and have drank it by the crate ever since... heh. And yeah, umm... Chezza and I kind of *ahemed* today which makes 3 out of the past 3 days. I'm a bad boy. *attempts to look contrite* ROFL Merry Christmas, K. smashxxx

 
At Friday, 23 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit, I didn't know you were sleeping! Don't answer the phone, m'kay? You make me feel guilty. :) And p.s., I'm in TOTAL agreement with Martha. Jim can SO be your "How Stella Got Her Groove Back," but not gay, ya know?

 
At Friday, 23 December, 2005, Blogger fakies said...

Isn't it funny how everyone else thinks they know more about what you want than you do? My sister does that to me all the time. "Oh, he's cute." Maybe if I wanted my bro-in-law's lookalike, which I don't. I figure if they haven't done a good job picking for themselves, they get no say in choosing for me! :P

 
At Friday, 23 December, 2005, Blogger GoingLoopy said...

Well, while the right one's in Florida...the wrong one could be fun...no rule against sampling from every dish on the buffet. ;) Have a good holiday.

 
At Friday, 23 December, 2005, Blogger Dave said...

All the best to you for a great holiday. I hope you're not coming down with anything. Although, as I was reading your post I was starting to feel a bit feverish myself, so I'm hoping I don't come down with something either. It would be just like me to have that happen too.

 
At Friday, 23 December, 2005, Blogger Scott said...

My dad always tried to tell me what girls to date, and it was really embarassing.

Have a great holiday!

 
At Friday, 23 December, 2005, Blogger Sadie Lou said...

A Year Without Santa Claus...is that the claymation/puppet style one from the makers of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer?
I love/hate those things...
Merry Christmas!

 
At Saturday, 24 December, 2005, Blogger mr. schprock said...

All I can say is, I like your style, Kathleen. You're A-OK in my book. Merry Christmas!

 
At Tuesday, 27 December, 2005, Blogger Beth said...

Hope your holiday was a good one! Did you give out a lot of knitted things? I did. It's a lot of work, but there's something about making it handmade.

 
At Wednesday, 28 December, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

I do that all the time with the phone - did it today as a matter of fact. It started ringing and I'm banging around the alarm clock.

Hopefully Martha will stop bugging you about that guy...choose for yourself!

 
At Wednesday, 28 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Kathleen!!

 
At Friday, 30 December, 2005, Blogger Ben O. said...

Six people sounds pretty good.

The day after Christmas has to be the strangest day of the year.

Ben O.

 
At Tuesday, 03 January, 2006, Blogger missbhavens said...

vowels totally fall by the wayside in text messages

(I mean txt mssgs)

Happy new year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home