Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Amen, Mitch Albom, amen. I heard part of the press conference on this morning's news and it was even harder to listen to than it was hard to read. And Mitch is right, hockey is not worth the risk. There's a difference between playing hurt a la Steve Yzerman and playing with a bad heart. As Mitch said in the column, Jiri was DEAD! His heart was stopped for 24 seconds before the team doctor brought him back. This city has dealt with enough tragedy over their sports teams, we don't need to be mourning again. He has another chance and he should grab it with both hands and do something that's not going to endanger his life unnecessarily.

I want to send this article to the OS. It seems to me that she's raising her kids to be as racist as she is and that's just unacceptable in this day and age. My nephew isn't stupid and it would be helpful if he were exposed to different races and cultures. They live in the whitest city in the U.S. of its size (pretty damn big) and it shows sometimes. It frustrates me. The Niece used to like going to my church, but OS wouldn't let her come that often because it's in Detroit. Now she goes with her boyfriend to a mega-church with stadium seating and cupholders (cupholders????) and a video presentation. Someone I know went to this church a while back and he said there was no sign of anything in the least bit spiritual. When I questioned OS about it, she said, "Well, Niece likes it." Well, of course, she does, it's like going to a movie!!! *sigh* I guess the important thing is that she's going to church, but I'd like to know what she's getting from it.

A couple of years ago on Cookie Day YS and I decided to make the almond version of the German sugar cookies blue instead of the traditional red (pink) in an effort to make my family a little more culturally aware/diverse. I think they all just shook their heads at Kathleen and her Liberal ways. It was just an excuse to brighten things up and it didn't hurt if it annoyed the family just a little bit. ;-)

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 13 December, 2005, Blogger fakies said...

I get so tired of being around racist idiots. Every time they open their mouths, they only prove how ignorant they are. Superior race? RIIIGGGGHHHTTT.

 
At Tuesday, 13 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Trinamick. Racism actually makes me sick to my stomach, and I wish it didn't exist in our culture. It is a sign of ignorance and it's really upsetting to see. I liked your gesture with the cookies. hehe

P.S. Thank you so much, Kathleen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home