Thursday, October 13, 2005

Bedtime?

I did not want to get out of bed this morning – not that I want to get out of bed most mornings, but this morning I almost didn't get out of bed. I even went to bed by 9:30 (a reasonable bedtime when your alarm goes off at 4:12 a.m.), but I was completely unable to drag my sorry butt out from under my toasty covers until 5:26. My right knee has been bothering me for a couple of months now and I’m just damn tired of it hurting all the friggin' time. And be very thankful you don't have to follow me up a flight of steps. I take them quite slowly and moan and groan at every step. It's quite a pathetic performance.

When my knee first started bothering me I asked YS to look at it. If you have a doctorate in Physical Therapy in the family you might as well get something out of it, right? Anyway, she informed me that my left leg was longer than my right leg and that I should see my orthotist and let him know. I finally did that and I saw him last night (if you live in the Detroit area and need an orthotist, I highly recommend Wolverine Orthotics in Novi) and told him what YS told me to. He proceeded to run a series of tests and said, "I hate it when your sister is right, but she's right. Your left leg is longer than your right." *sigh* Turns out that it's a whopping 3/8" longer than the right. And although you might not think of 3/8ths of an inch as whopping, apparently it is when it comes to leg lengths. Well, will I stop finding malfunctioning body parts that make me feel even older than I am??? This could, possibly, be partially responsible for the right knee hurting. *sigh* *sigh*

Even now I could easily go back to sleep, it's a grey, dismal day – you know, the kind of day that screams at you to stay in bed, or sit by the fireplace (if you have a fireplace, if not, huddle under blankies) and watch TV or read a book. It is not a day that is conducive to working. Hmmm, are there any days that are really conducive to working? I know that we all (except for Paris Hilton, whom I just found out is unengaged from the Greek Paris) have to work, so I guess every day is essentially conducive to working. It's that damn paycheck. Why can't we all be fabulously wealthy so that we can do good throughout the world and give more to help all the natural disaster victims? Not that I have that much but I gave more money today – this time to UNICEF for the victims of Hurricane Stan. I picked that disaster because it's getting NO coverage whatsoever, so nobody is giving money to help those poor people.

Bloody hell, you'd think I was PMSing here. I feel like I'm going to cry and there's just no reason! I hate that! I think I must be more tired than I originally thought. I just don't know why I'm so exhausted. I am getting a little nervous about my passport. I sent it in for renewal back on Sept. 6. And yes, I realise it's only been 4 weeks and two days, but I need it NOW! Okay, I don't need it now, but I'm getting anxious and I'd feel a lot better if I HAD it now. I leave in two weeks and four days for Mexico and for me, that's getting anxious time.

Yes, I know I probably should have sent it in sooner, but there had been the possibility that I was going to go to Montreal at the end of August for the race, so I didn't want to send it in before that. *sigh*

The good news is that Martha has plans for dinner tonight, so we're not going out for drinks which is good news because that means I can sit on my couch all night and knit away! Have I mentioned the Craft Show at church? It's only $20 for a table, so I'm knitting scarves frantically from my $1 Target yarn (which is actually quite pretty) in an effort to have a stockpile to place on my table. I'll be so bummed if I don't sell any, but I'm prepared for that. Sometimes I'm such a pessimist.

Anybody have any great remedies for constant knee pain? It's been Icy Hot-ed and Motrined…

I wish it were Friday.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, 13 October, 2005, Blogger Erica said...

It's almost Friday... and closer to bedtime than it was when you first got up today! (I know, that does NOTHING to help.)

Hang in there - I know about emotional days, trust me. It will get better!

 
At Thursday, 13 October, 2005, Blogger Dave said...

Sounds like every one of my mornings. Except for the short leg thing. hehe. Actually, I heard that everyone is asymmetrical like that.
Buck up, little camper. The sun will come out tomorrow. OK, maybe not tomorrow, but one of these days.
btw, I finally added a link to you on my site!
cheers

 
At Thursday, 13 October, 2005, Blogger Kathleen said...

Erica - I know, thanks, my issue is that usually I know why I'm all emotional. There is no reason for it!

Dave - Yes, I've heard that too, but I now have to wear a lift in my shoes when I can't wear my orthotics because it's putting me off kilter - yeah, I know you already knew I was off kilter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home