Wednesday, September 21, 2005

VEGAS!!!

Tigers roar into final homestand

This was the subject line of an e-mail I got from the Detroit Tigers. I question the use of the word "roar" as I would normally take it to mean that the Tigers are winning big and taking no prisoners…and this is so not the case. My Tigers are sucking canal water so badly they're leaking. I think they're on a six game losing streak – and lost two games yesterday to Kansas City. KANSAS CITY!!!! How can they lose to Kansas City? It's like they've lost all will to live or something. I hope they find a little of that "roar" next Thursday. It's the last home game of the season and I'm going with the fabulous Glen. When you organize a group outing, the Tigers send you a voucher for two free mezzanine tickets to another game. And this is the game we chose. We were at the home opener and it was interesting. I hope we get a win and that the NASCAR drunks stay home!

I am leaving in a few short hours and heading to Vegas, BabE!!! I am beyond excited as my good friend E has arranged a meeting with my favorite driver, Oriol Servia, so that he can sign my brand new Catalan flag! Yes, I am a racing geek and I'm proud of it. E has a friend who works for the team and we are to call him on Friday to arrange the meeting. I hope someone has a digital camera so I can post pictures of me being a complete racing geek. ;-)

I'm all packed, but I'm such a goofball that I packed my workout shoes, but, as I realised this morning at work, that I forgot to pack any workout clothes. DUH!!! So, should I pack the clothes or unpack the shoes?

I have been bad and never satisfied everybody's raging curiosity about the hair color question. Yes, I colored it. The first night it scared me, but a couple of good washings took the color down from the extreme auburn it was and now it's just a nice redder shade. Sadly, it seems that the color doesn’t like to stick to the grey hairs (you know, the ones I'm actually getting the color for?) and I can see the lighter hairs peeking through. Ah well…I'm sure I'll live through it!

Have a great weekend, all (yes, to me it's the weekend already) and I'll be back here on Tuesday!

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, 21 September, 2005, Blogger Jason said...

Have a great trip!

 
At Wednesday, 21 September, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

I hope your meeting with your driver is wonderful & I hope you get a picture - I'd love to see it!!

I colored my hair strawberry blonde a while back to get rid of a stubborn gray patch in my bangs and it didn't even touch it! So annoying!

 
At Thursday, 22 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun in Vegas!! How exciting! Oh and I'm sure you're hair looks great:)

 
At Wednesday, 28 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun in Vegas. Walk down the street and have a drink for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home