Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Hermitishness

Do you ever get the feeling/impression that there are people in your life who really don't like you, but you're part of the group so you get invited to do things anyway? In high school, my group of friends stopped talking to me or inviting me out with them and when I confronted the person I thought was my friend, her response was, "Well, it's just that Norm and Dan plan everything and they don't like you, so they don't invite you and we just don't think about it." Which is just further proof that teenagers and high school suck completely.

I'm thinking that it's time to take a page from You*Name*It's book and become a hermit since I get the impression that's the way some people prefer it. I was on my racing forum last night and it just seemed that everybody was on my case. And this is a forum where we all agree that Champ Car racing is the best, but everybody there is just so full of piss and vinegar that they were all on my case because I prefer the Cleveland race to the Toronto race. I mean, give me a freaking break! I had to get off before I told a number of them to fuck off.

And if you haven't finished the latest Harry Potter yet, do NOT go to Julieu's site because she gives away the ending w/o benefit of a spoiler warning. She hates Harry Potter and all the fuss, so she decided she'd ruin it for everybody else.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, 20 July, 2005, Blogger Sherri said...

I know exactly what you mean about being "part of the group". I'm the type of person that if I don't like you, you'll know it. I foolishly expect others to be open with their feelings. Silly me.

I just love passive-aggressive assholes, don't you?

 
At Wednesday, 20 July, 2005, Blogger JulieU. said...

Hmmm, ruining it for everyone else, eh?
You mean the 12 regular readers I have? Or the millions are googling 'who dies in the half-blood prince' and get to my site because the first 20 spoiler websites listed have exceeded their bandwidth. Ok, sure.

Just for you I'll put a spoiler warning at the end of yesterday's post.

And I certainly hope your hermitishness isn't on my account, based on my entry yesterday. I was merely stating that sometimes it's good to not have an opinion on things...as for those champ car people, well...um, nevermind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home