Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Knitting at meetings, stalkers and peeping toms

So, I'm still listening to The Dears, and really liking it, so I called Glen and asked him to order it for me. Since Adam does have this on his iPod, I'm going to hope I can keep it a little longer.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) I have a long-ass two hour meeting to attend where the Big Big Boss talks about whatever suits his fancy. I've had the privilege of listening to his political and economic views before and that's all I'm going to say. I've learned to bring knitting with me so that I don't fall asleep, so I must remember to bring it with me. I've written a reminder on my hand, so I hope that works.

It's tomorrow, or Wednesday, however you want to look at it. And my initial thought is "Bloody hell, is winter ever going to freaking end!!!???" It was 30F walking in this morning. I mean, really, is this necessary? I'm tired of having to wear my winter jacket. I was reading moby.com yesterday and he's on tour and commented that some cities had "not paid their spring tax." Well, I guess Detroit definitely did not pay its spring tax (which isn't surprising since the city is facing a $30 million budget shortfall). Of course, it's supposed to warm up 30+ degrees today and be 64F at some point.

I did remember my knitting, however, so that's excellent!!! I didn't have enough knitting once for one of these meetings and I was falling asleep like it was midnight. And I had an aisle seat and for some reason the BBB was walking all the way up and back. I'm pretty sure he couldn't miss the church nod I was doing. I always try to find an internal seat under a good lighting source for these meetings. I even find that I pay better attention to his pertinent and meaningful discourse if I have knitting to occupy my hands. You wouldn't think so, but it's true.

I went to the gym again last night. Another 30 minutes on the treadmill, 30 minutes on the elliptical, and 10 (an increase of 3 minutes) on the stairmaster. I haven't progressed to using the big medicine ball thingies again yet, but soon. I hope. There's this guy at the gym who apparently needs Mucinex as he spends the entire time he's running on the treadmill doing this cough thing. Dear God, it's annoying as hell!!! And on Monday one of my favorite I wear little nylon running shorts guys was there. JUST NOT NECESSARY, people!!!

I finished the fourth book in the Artemis Fowl series last night. I highly recommend them as they are quite entertaining and well-written. I was at Borders last week (buying I can't remember what, oh yeah, Poky Little Puppy for a baby shower) and while I was checking out the cashier said something about Harry Potter and the other 20-something cashier proudly said, "I haven't read a single Harry Potter book. I'm an Artemis Fowl girl." Yeah, just because something is popular it must be shite. She looked like a hipster. I just looked at her and said, "I read Artemis Fowl, too." Apparently I wasn't cool enough though because even though I had already bought the 4th book I hadn't had time to read it yet and therefore I was not enough of an AF fan. Dear God, it reminds me a friend from the bar who dated this "punk" chick (much younger than the rest of us, i.e., barely 21) and she thought herself very much "punker than thou." I was so annoyed by her behavior. Look, child, I was a punk when you were still in diapers. No, I never said to her face, as she couldn't be bothered to speak to any of us, but dammit, I thought it!!! And when he finally broke it off with her, I gave him shit like you would not believe. It was so fun watching him blush!

Latest update on Stalker Asshole. I decided not to be at my desk around the time I usually see him stalk past my desk, and as I walked away yesterday I glanced down the main aisle and saw him coming. I move swiftly, but not obviously and headed over to the candy room on the other side of the building. I made my selections, paid for them and walked out, turned the corner and ran smack dab into him once afuckinggain. I was so pissed off. And I think it must have shown on my face, because even though he said, "Hi Kathleen, how are you?" it was said with quite the same level of enthusiasm he usually has. I was so freaking annoyed I didn't say a word to him. I just walked away and muttered under my breath, "Fuck off and die." Nice, yeah, I know, but I am so freaking tired of this. Most of the guys here think it's a joke as he just walks past my desk, but it's wearing on me. You always hear neighbors say about murderers, "He was such a nice guy. I never would have expected him to do something like that. He even took my garbage out for me every week." And shit like that. It just scares you that even though I think this guy is probably harmless, just annoying, how do I know for certain? I walk home every day along the main route and he knows this. And I hate adjusting my lifestyle because of the assholes in this world.

I had this peeping tom when I lived in SF. The way my apt. was set up I could go between my bathroom, closet and bedroom area without having to go into my living room, but one day early in the morning I went into the kitchen for something and I wasn't completely dressed (probably in my underwear) and as I walked back toward my room, I looked up and directly across the street I saw a man standing in his big ass living room window looking at me with binoculars. He was pretty quick to put them down, but I saw them. And the weird thing was that the apt. was darn near empty. There was a TV set up on a milk carton and maybe two folding chairs. The closet in the bedroom area was wide open and EMPTY. It really freaked me out as it didn't really look as if anybody lived there. I went to work and after talking to a few friends, I called the cops. They came over to my apt. after work and essentially told me that as they were on private property they could do anything they like and they recommended that I pull my blinds and live in the dark. That pissed me off as I like my blinds/shades being up. I like natural light pouring into the places I live. It just makes me mad that I have to do things differently than I like to do them because of freaking weirdo perverts in the world. They did go over to check out the apt., as it was odd and they could see that it was empty, but they couldn't find anything out. So, basically, FUCK OFF, Peeping Toms and Stalker Assholes!!!

I wonder how Mom feels about going to the Tigers game for Mother's Day. Oh darn, the Tigers are in Anaheim. I guess she's off the hook. And they're out of town Memorial Day weekend, dammit. I'm kind of hoping to get to at least one game every month, but it's not looking good for May.

I guess that's it for now – TTFN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home