Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Nothing overly exciting....

Okay, first, I must apologise because I totally lied to all three of you who read my drivel. The last book I read was not Smokescreen by Kyle Mills (although I still stand by my recommendation), but I couldn't for the life of me remember what the last book I read was and I thought that was it, but then I remembered that I had read "Loamhedge" by Brian Jacques, so that is the last book read. So sorry. Mea culpa. Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.

The move to the upstairs apartment is going slowly, but today should be the last day that I sleep upstairs and then wander down the stairs with bedhead to shower, as Chris painted the bathroom yesterday. I might have been able to move my stuff up yesterday but I wanted to give the paint sufficient time to dry, so I saved it for today.

****************

I got the following from my Lion Brand Yarn newsletter:

You know you knit too much...

...when you start eyeballing your cat, mentally measuring her for your next sweater project.
...when your best friend takes a "dream of a lifetime" trip to New Zealand & the only thing you ask her when she returns is "How much yarn did you buy?"

My thought was: when you think of a trip to any new city or country, your first thought is "I wonder if there are some good yarn shops?"

*****************

I had a wonderful time Friday night at the symphony with Darrell and Brian. Damn, I was laughing all night long. Those two are dangerous when they're together. They are not for the faint of heart. The DSO did a brilliant job on Shostakovich's 1st Violin Concerto regardless of what the PITA old couple behind us thought. I think they bitched and kvetched the entire night. I so hope they get main floor tickets next time they go, so I don't have to listen to them complain! They absolutely hated the Shostakovich, although they did concede that the young 24-year-old soloist did a good job on it. "Good to know there's good young talent out there." Probably so they can stick with Beethoven and Mozart and keep the old people happy. Honestly, the Shostakovich was beautiful and was just fraught with emotion. Incredible. The Bruckner was beautiful, but I have to agree with Darrell that the repetition was a bit overdone. And since I was listening to it with my eyes closed, I missed Neeme Jarvi losing his baton and hitting one of the musicians in front of him (either a violinist or a violist). DAMN! Probably the only interesting thing in Bruckner's 7th Symphony and I missed it. I happen to like his 4th better, just for the record.

Other than the symphony, my weekend was spent moving my shit up stairs to the new apartment and let me tell you what a good time that is. Well, I would, but I don't want anybody being all jealous because I got to move heavy ass 21st century furniture up a narrow early 20th century stairway and they didn't, so I won't make you all envious. I'm nice like that!

I must get back to work…I have issues with which to deal…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home