Monday, March 28, 2005

Easter Fun!!!

I'm back! I actually got out of the house yesterday and saw people!! It was very exciting, although once again Saturday night I had the damnedest time sleeping. I just couldn't fall asleep, even though I was dead dog tired. I got up around 2:00 a.m. and took a shower as my entire body (except where the rash is) was itching like a mofo. I think I finally slept around 5:00 and then woke up at 10:00. I was a couple of hours past due on the medication, so I got up to do that and eat. After my run-in with doxycicline during my bronchitis a few weeks ago, I always make sure I eat plenty to avoid nausea. About an hour later YS called from church and I got to talk to a bunch of my dear church family.

Mom and YS picked me up so that I didn't have to drive to Grandma's where I had a lovely time sitting in my chair and knitting away while chatting with family and eating traditional Meadowbrook potatoes and regular old yummy green beans. I even wore my purple Converse All Star High-Tops to celebrate Easter. Ham was the main dish, so I gave that a pass. I barely ate any candy either, although when I got home I did indulge in one lovely piece of 85% Valrhona chocolate. Oooh, baby!!! The fabulous Jason had made a home delivery to the sickly me on Saturday night of Stroh's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, Sander's Hot Fudge and a variety of chocolate, since Lent is over and I can once again indulge. Unfortunately, the drugs I'm on preclude me from indulging in a glorious Guinness.

I got to see the Terror Children and since I wasn't babysitting, it was a joy. The middle terror kept sitting on my lap which was so sweet. The younger terror actually told me he loved me (he's not usually much of a talker) and that was so sweet. And we had deviled eggs, something I never thought I liked until I tried them 2 or so years ago. Now I love them.

Mom drove me home and it reminded me why we normally never let her drive if one of us is there to do it. If we do drive to Ludington this week to visit YS, I shall do the driving. I'm better off even if I'm hallucinating and on prescription narcotics. ;-)

I'm almost finished with the one baby blanket, so I best get to that and finish it off so I can start the next one. And the highlight of today, so far, I talked to my friend and she has tickets for me for next Monday's Home (and Season) Opener for the Tigers. YIPPEE!!!! Everybody cross their fingers that next Monday is lovely and sunny and springlike!!!

Hugs to all!


Post a Comment

<< Home