Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Day 57 at home with shingles

Well, I'm still at home and recovering from the shingles. I have gone a full 24-hours w/o a pain pill. That's not completely true, it's been over 24 hours since I took one, but at 4:00 p.m. today, my body will be painkiller free for 24 hours, provided I make it that long. I did use a pain patch last night for sleep which was interesting. It's hard to say if it work or not, but I got some sleep which was a nice change as I have not been sleeping well at all. Shingles suck, people, that's all I have to say. My mom, being a much nicer person than I am, said she wouldn't wish it on her worst enemy. I, on the other hand, have no qualms about that whatsoever. I could very easily wish it on my worst enemy.

I finished (semi) the one baby blanket, after just a debacle of adding in a new skein from which the yarn would come out dirty every so often, and I finally gave in and had to take out a few rows in order to get the damn thing back on needles. Made for a very frustrating Monday let me tell you. Now I just need to talk to Julie to remind me how to do the pretty scalloped crochet edging to finish it off and I'm done!!!! Yay!!! Yesterday I did start the second of the three baby blankets I have to make. It's looking very pretty, but I'm doing it in the tedious Irish Moss Stitch which I quite like, but it's still a little tedious to do for an entire blanket. I hope my cousin's baby appreciates it!!!

It's supposed to be 63F today, so at some point I'm going to make my way outside and enjoy it. I pretty much live for summer and sitting outside in the sun after work and reading or knitting. I hate being stuffed away all winter long in my apt, so once summer hits I like to be outside!!!! And I will face the outdoors in March in Michigan just because I really need to get out of here! I'm so tired of watching movies. Hmm, what I have watched since I last listed them:

A Bug's Life
High Sierra (Bogart)
The Enforcer (Bogart)
Harry Potter and the Prison of Azkaban (HPIII)
The Thomas Crown Affair (remake)
Notting Hill
Funny Face

Not really a whole lot when you think that is just what I've watched since Saturday. I have to admit that I only half-watched The Thomas Crown Affair as I was doing a variety of things (laundry, Internetting, knitting) and I did give the dance scenes in Funny Face a miss as well. I don't mind singing in my movies, but I'm not much for the dance scenes.

Now I know you're all dying for my take on HPIII. I HATE IT!!! It's my absolute favorite book of the series and I absolutely positively hate what they did to the movie. I just don't understand why people can't follow the fucking book when they make a movie of it!!! WHY? People LIKED the book, follow the book. Now, sure, it's not as bad as that Matt Damon remake of The Bourne Identity (I didn't even bother with The Bourne Supremacy movie) but hell, no book-to-movie could be that hideously off base. I know there are a whole bunch of people out there who loved that movie, but I can guarandamntee you that they never read the frickin' book. But still I watched HPIII on Saturday night and just got pissed off. Now, I'd like to say that if the 4th movie comes out and it's as badly done (okay, the third movie itself is done well) or rather doesn't follow the book as faithfully as I'd like (and by that I mean, follow the storyline, don't change things up to make it more interesting - the book was bloody well interesting to millions of people - no reason to make the werewolf chase Harry - that's all I'm saying) I might just not bother going to see the rest of the movies when they come out. And I'm usually right there for the first showing. Yes, I'm a HP geek, deal with it.

Tonight the Lovely and Talented Ursamajor is coming to visit the shut-in with lovely Indian food. I'm excited as it gets pretty lonely sitting here watching and critiquing movies all damn day long. I'm thinking of getting palak paneer as the last time I went for Indian with Ursa I got the pakora curry which was lovely, but palak paneer is my fave. Yummy!!!

That's it for now. I hope all your lives are going well and there are no shingles lingering in your futures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home