Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Pure Entertainment (or not)

Whew, it's been a while since I posted. And I know you're all saying to yourself, Yay! No crap from Kathleen to read today. Today I shall disappoint you, unless you enjoy my crapola…then you're in for a good time.

I feel hideously ill today. I've been nauseous since breakfast (and I feel like I have a fever, but that generally means I don't, but don't you worry, I'll check as soon as I get home), until I scrounged some pretzels from my boss' desk. The thought of my lunch sitting in the fridge about made me puke, so I never ate it.* Even my surefire peppermint for upset stomach didn't work. I'd like to think there was as correlation between my nauseousness and the financial type project on which I was working, but I'm scared I'm fighting something once again.

I'm actually considering not fighting the bug that's trying to take over my body because I know that without a doubt that I'll fight this fucker and fight it and fight it and then my body will get too tired fighting it and I'll get deathly ill on Dec. 30, the day my friend from SF/Berkeley shows up for a visit. It's damn near a sure thing. Write this down…

The Thanksgiving weekend was pretty hectic, as usual. I didn't have a single day of veging at home. Not one!!! If I hadn't rebelled on Saturday I wouldn't have even had a day of rest for my eyes from contacts and make-up (a must in my book). I went out into public looking like complete shit. Deal with it, people! I did.

The absolute highlight of the weekend (besides going to the symphony with our dear family friend from Mexico) was my new winter coat from Value City. It's a Harve Bernard (don't ask me, but I have faith that it's high-falutin) and doesn't look like everybody else's good winter coat, i.e., it's not black! I just couldn't do it. I tried one on and Julie said, "Now that coat you will wear forever. It's classic." And I hated it. The one I got was one she called "Too Tears for Fears" which was an analogy which I kind of enjoyed actually. ;-) Anyway, mine is a black/white herringbone and it was even cheaper than overstock.com, so I scored.

Sunday was insanely crazy busy (yes, I know that's redundant). I left for church at 9:00 a.m. and I didn't get home again until almost 10:30 p.m. And then suffered from my usual Sunday night non-sleeping. I don't know what it is, but I have the worst time sleeping on Sundays. I can be absolutely positively exhausted and I will toss and turn all night. And it was a bitch getting up Monday morning after sleeping in until 10:00 every morning of my five day weekend.

Now I'm going home and taking a nap before meeting the group at Red Robin at 8:30 to pick names for the Christmas exchange. I hope my nausea goes away by then. I love Red Robin and their Mushroom Swiss Boca Burger, and will be seriously put out if I'm feeling too ickily to eat!

*This isn't really a bad thing since I seriously need to lose 20 lbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home