Monday, November 27, 2006

Mercy Springs

I had been hoping to get a post up last week on Wednesday but quite obviously it didn't happen. Tuesday was a fabulous day. Well, actually, it was the night that was fabulous as I went dancing. I did not go to the gym that day as I knew I was going to be dancing that night. I did walk up to Kroger though for a couple of things (and still managed to forget a couple of things so that might be my plan of attack for today), then I napped for an hour or so. I love naps, but I don't like napping at this time of year because it's bloody difficult to get my butt out of bed when it's positive it's midnight (but it's only 5:30 p.m.). I was even productive and cut up a loaf of bread for stuffing (it had to get stale). I picked up DWD right at 8:45 and got up to Royal Oak as quickly as possible. DWD told me at one point that it's not like we were going to be late, but I can NOT drive slowly. It's just not in me to putz along driving below the speed limit – which is what people were doing on 696 which recently had an increase in the speed limit to 70 mph, but the signs still said 65 mph. Hey, I read the paper, I know what's going on around town – especially when it comes to speed limits.

We got to the bar around 9:15 whereupon I showed my ID (they card everybody) and DWD bought me a lovely Guinness. That was the extent of my alcohol for the night as I was driving. Then it was on to harass DJ Davo. I forget what band he was playing, but it didn't matter because he went "old school" for me and put on Motorcycle by Love & Rockets. That was it. I was on the dance floor and didn't come off except for brief moments of asking Davo for ibuprofen and to ask "Who was that?" "You liked them?" "Yeah." "I figured you would." The video appreciation night was for two bands (Skinny Puppy & Front 242) I knew and two bands I didn't (Wolfmother & HIM). In fact, I knew absolutely nothing about them to the point where I thought they were one band. Turns out that I quite like H.I.M., but could definitely spend the rest of my life never hearing Wolfmother ever again. I still half-assedly danced to them because I didn't want to lose my spot to the stripper who felt the need to practice on her day off. As DWD pointed out it was a bit "Big Gay Disco" night at the bar, but I'd much rather dance near a bunch of gay guys who have a clue how to dance than the stripper missing her pole. As it was, I ended up dancing from 9:20 to about 1:30. A couple of songs got me back out until DWD and I threw in the towel and left around 1:45. All in all, I didn't dance to a total of six songs from the time I got there. Not bad. Of course, I was in pain Wednesday and had definite issues on Thursday with basic walking. Oooh, were my legs tight, but I'd do it again (and will) in a heartbeat as I love to dance and never get to go anymore. I was a little rusty, but I think I got my rhythm back pretty quickly. Maybe I should take Wednesdays off in December and go dancing on Tuesdays instead of taking Fridays off (I have two vacation days left and around here it's "use 'em or lose 'em) and Thursdays at the bar is 80s Night but they include Michael Jackson and his ilk, so between the possibility of hearing Michael Jackson & Madonna and having to watch the 80s Dancers, I'd rather take Wednesdays off.

Wednesday was a busy day with appointments on opposite sides of town and getting ready for Thanksgiving. I also finally got around to using the Chico's gift certificate that my dear friend Railroad got me for my b-day. I got some great new tops which I desperately needed as I am so so so so tired of my present clothes. I tried to take a hot bath to ease my tight leg muscles but there was no hot water. I wasn't in the mood to harass Schneider, so I just went to bed.

Thursday was basic Thanksgiving – get up, make mushroom gravy, drive to Aunt's house, mingle with family, eat too much, drive home in pitch blackness even though it was only 7:00 p.m. There was hot water so I got to take my nice hot bath. The rest of the weekend was lame because I felt completely exhausted and simply slept. I gave my symphony tix to my aunt and she took my Grandma. I missed the party that friends were having which bummed me out because I like parties. I was so tired and unwell on Friday that I was awake for about 8 hours total, and I didn't even have the energy to knit. I hate wasted days like that!!! Why can't I get sick on a work day? Dammit! Saturday was more of the same, although I felt a little better, so I actually got some knitting done. Sunday was Mass (where I wanted to sit the whole time), then onto PetSmart for kitty litter and then home. Ursamajor came over at 4:00 for a mini-Audrey Hepburn Film Fest which included pizza. Yum!!!

And today I was back at work feeling fine. I hate that.


At Monday, 27 November, 2006, Blogger LL said...

Sounds like a great week. Except for the dancing and the feeling miserable...

Glad you're doing better.

At Monday, 27 November, 2006, Anonymous Rick said...

It's like a just stepped out of a time machine - Tuesday night? DJ Davo? Video Appreciation Night......Skinny Puppy and Front 242 Video Appreciation Night?

That's just freaky!

Glad you're feeling better, and hope you time your illnesses better in the future.......

At Tuesday, 28 November, 2006, Blogger Kathleen said...

LL - The dancing was the best part!

Rick - Someone named Dan was there - said he used to hang with you...I don't think he was a dancer, so I didn't recognize him.

At Tuesday, 28 November, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

Glad you're doing better - that happened to me a couple weeks ago. I was sick throughout my entire 4 day weekend!

I just heard of Wolfmother...haven't decided if I like them or not yet.


Post a Comment

<< Home