Thursday, November 09, 2006

TV II

I fixed yesterday's post which was impossible to read.

Oops, when I got home last night I looked in my bag of new Used CDs and found out that I missed a bunch. So, another music post today. I started out today with the Barenaked Ladies CD. It sounds like the Barenaked Ladies and amazingly enough, Peterborough and the Kawarthas is my favorite song so far.

#11 CD - Belief by Nitzer Ebb - I think I will listen to this next, mostly because of this line in the review linked above: "At its best, Belief is a captivating call to surrender the pretensions of free will and control; escape is only possible through dance." Because for me, dancing is an escape. Already, the first song has me dancing in my seat. I hope to go dancing the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I take that Wednesday off to get my cooking done, which means I don't have to get up at 5:00 a.m. I need to dance!

#12 CD - Essential Pogues - I saw them in concert way back in 1985 or 1986 at St. Andrew's Hall in downtown Detroit. That was THE PLACE for punk type shows back in the day and I spent a fair amount of time there back in the day. I even saw my very beloved Iggy Pop there for his Blah Blah Blah concert. My ears were ringing for days after that one! Not that this is related to music at all, but if Shane MacGowan were a baseball player, he'd definitely make my All Ugly Team (which still only has three members). I was told that The Essential Pogues is a good Pogues album to have if it's your only one. And since I trust my record store owner (and all his workers) implicitly, I went with it.

#13 CD - Psalm 69: The Way to Succeed & the Way to Suck Eggs by Ministry - I had this album years ago, but for some reason sold it to a local record store when I was purging for my move to SF. Another industrial album made for dancing. I just need to hear the opening chords of most of these songs to be heading for the dance floor – if I'm not already on it. N.W.O. reminded me how much I used to hate George Bush Sr.'s voice, which has sadly been overtaken by how much more I hate his son's voice.

#14 CD – Last, but not least, I found a whole pack of Moby CDs in the Used CD bin. When we were on the Catamaran ride out to Stingray City two years ago, they were playing a Moby CD and I actually liked it. I don't remember which one it was (it might have been Hotel), but I took the stack of CDs to the world's greatest record store owner and he picked one out for me. He chose Ambient which was Moby's 2nd album. I listened to a little bit of it on the way home, but with the rain and the stupid way people were driving, it didn't get a whole lot of my attention.

Last night, sushi with Ursa was quite yummy. And since I seem to get sushi so rarely these days, I did pick up a takeaway order so I have a fabulous lunch awaiting me. On days I have sushi for lunch, my mornings go by so slowly!!!

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 09 November, 2006, Blogger Scott said...

I haven't bought a new cd in ages, but if you have a lot that you would like to get rid of, you should try out lala.com. When you give one away, you get one back, and you keep a list online kind of like Netflix, then magically they start showing up. Pretty cool, huh?

 
At Friday, 10 November, 2006, Blogger Kathleen said...

Scott - Great idea with the few CDs that I have that I don't care about. I'm not one for getting rid of stuff, sadly. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home