Thursday, April 27, 2006

Mutiny in Heaven

Netflix has pissed me off, really pissed me off. It's not bad enough, in their eyes, that they're throttling me, but now they've taken to sending me my movies not in my queue order. As you might know I've been watching the Babylon 5 tv series. I have watched all of season 1 and am partway through season 2. I'd be through more of season 2 except that two weekends ago they send me two Babylon 5 movies which were shown during season 5. Now I had these two movies in my queue in the right place, but I got them at the end of season 1. I mailed them both back (it was a weekend which really messed me up) without watching them as I want to watch them when they are appropriate, and then put them back in my queue, once again in the correct spot. Yesterday I got the same bloody disk although I was supposed to be getting Season 2, Disc 3. If you have Netflix, try sending them an e-mail sometime. If you want to report a problem you can only push a button that corresponds to what they perceive to be the most likely issues. I sent them a "suggestion" as that was the only way to write something open-ended. I got a return e-mail saying "This isn't customer service, so blah blah blah." This earned them a second message which was almost as nice in tone as the first. Sometimes I really wish that when you write an e-mail while enraged that the sound of the keys clacking furiously would show through.

In an attempt to watch Babylon 5 w/o interference from Netflix (if you all remember I used to love and adore them) I have asked to borrow my friend Woof's boxset as he was silly enough to tell me in one of his comments that he owned it. ;-) So, now I am eagerly awaiting Seasons 3-5 from Woof and I can't wait to watch three discs in one day and not be punished by someone withholding the next disc.

Today is Bring Your Rugrat/Brat/Tax Deduction to Work Day. Martha was telling me how much she hates this day but I like it. People are much less tense with kids around. The whole atmosphere is much less dismal and depressing. I'm pretty sure that productivity has dropped big time, but as this article at cnnmoney.com pointed out it might be smarter to slack off at work occasionally instead of multi-tasking constantly and working yourself to death. '"The physiological effects of tiredness are well-known. You can turn a smart person into an idiot just by overworking him," notes Peter Capelli, a professor of management at Wharton.' I think today will help people feel more like buckling down tomorrow. A day away from interminable meetings is not a bad thing.

I did not stay up the other night to watch the Wings play in Edmonton. The game didn't even start until 10:00 p.m. and I was just so darn tired, even though I had taken a nap with the expressed intention of staying up. I set the VCR and went to bed wearing my brand-new tie-dyed t-shirt from Loopy. Now to decide if I should stay up tonight, since going to bed didn't help them win, or go to bed not wearing the tie-dye shirt. I'm just not sure what will be best to help them win. Yes, I know there are people out there who believe that nothing I do will change the outcome of the game, but I like to think otherwise. So, deal with it. ;-)

I had a lovely time out with Ursamajor the other night. I introduced her to tempura asparagus sushi and she liked it better than the California rolls. Everybody to whom I have introduced the tempura asparagus sushi rolls loves them. I should say that once we got to the restaurant it was lovely. Michigan Department of Transportation has decided, in its infinite wisdom, to put construction on every major freeway going out to Ann Arbor. Now I could have gone to the Novi restaurant, but anybody who lives on the west side of Detroit knows that the regular rush hour traffic heading in that direction is hideous. I-94 is down to one lane at 23 while M14 is down to one lane for a good number of miles. And of course, Michigan Avenue which is the logical alternative to I-94 is also under construction. It's utterly ridiculous as they do it every single time. Is this just a Michigan thing or are other states as messed up? Thankfully, Ursamajor used to live out that way so I was able to get off the freeway at Saline Road (after sitting there forever) and take back roads in. I was STARVING by the time we got there. After indulging in some sushi, we went to the mall because we both needed stuff from The Body Shop and the one at our mall is closed for remodeling which I found out last week when I went to the mall just for something at The Body Shop. A wasted trip to the mall is always frustrating.

I had symphony tickets for tomorrow night, but since they're playing one of my least favorite pieces of music EVER, I gave the tickets to Mom. Saturday is Knitting Night (You joining us, Mr. Schrprock?) which is always enjoyable. Sunday Jason is making dinner for a bunch of us. Jason is an amazing cook and last year he made the most fabulous mashed potatoes I've ever had. To die for! I'm sure he's going to outdo himself this year! It's going to be a very good weekend, I would guess!

I just got back from lunch so I'm going to lapse into a food coma!!!

6 Comments:

At Thursday, 27 April, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

Gee. No pressure there. ;)

 
At Thursday, 27 April, 2006, Blogger fakies said...

I'm pissed at Netflix too now, because I keep getting errors every time I try to reorder my queue. Grr...

 
At Thursday, 27 April, 2006, Blogger Dave said...

Just popped in to say hi and let you know it's going to be a girl. And get this, she planning to call her Brynn Mary Kathleen. Thought you'd like that last part.
Hey, you gotta check out the jive version of your site here http://sites.gizoogle.com/index2.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fkatm6.blogspot.com%2F
Hmm...hope that link works.

 
At Thursday, 27 April, 2006, Blogger Dave said...

crap....ok, cut and paste!

 
At Thursday, 27 April, 2006, Blogger GoingLoopy said...

Glad you liked your shirt. :) And Jack Johnson is wonderful. Were I not tired as crap and being lazy, I'd send you the link where you can download the show he played at Bonnaroo last year...but since I AM tired and lazy, I'll send it tomorrow.

I do the Blockbuster in-store rental thingy, so I can pick what I want and not have some evil demon interrupting my movies...of course, then I run into other fools like me who keep shit forever and can't get the next disk of CSI...

 
At Friday, 28 April, 2006, Blogger Kathleen said...

Jason - No pressure. You know none of us cook!

Trina - Send a snotty note to their Suggestion Box, so I'm not the only one. ;-)

Dave - Woohoo!!! Lovely choice of name!!! I think you should go for the diaper bag! ;-)

Loopy - The shirt worked last night!! Thanks! I'm much too lazy to go to Blockbuster which is why I loved Netflix, but they're pissing me off right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home