Monday, April 03, 2006

March's Book & Movie Listings

Here is my book and movie listing for the month of March. Again, I didn't watch as many movies since Netflix has been taking their own sweet time in mailing my very popular (NOT) movies to me.

Movies:

The Stranger (N)
The Order (N)
Lord of War (R)
Beyond the Sea (N)
Pay It Forward (K)
Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room (N)
Yojimbo (B)
Stalingrad (G)
A Fistful of Dollars (N)
Broken Flowers (N)
Babylon 5 (Season 1, Discs 1 & 2) (N)
Motor Town Music Review – Live at the Apollo (1963?) with Martha Reeves & The Vandellas, The Marvellettes, Stevie Wonder, etc.
DVD on Historical Buildings of Detroit – more depressing than anything.

Books:

The Butcher's Boy by Thomas Perry
Metzger's Dog by Thomas Perry
Big Fish by Thomas Perry
Sleeping Dogs by Thomas Perry
Vanishing Act by Thomas Perry
Dead Aim by Thomas Perry

6 Comments:

At Monday, 03 April, 2006, Blogger Ben O. said...

Never heard of that author - is he good?

I love the picture of Jan Brady . . . Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.

Ben O.

 
At Monday, 03 April, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

I'm sure that Mr. Perry is very grateful as you don't go the library.

 
At Tuesday, 04 April, 2006, Blogger Scott said...

I wasn't crazy about Lord of War, although it was enlightening in some ways. The others I'm not too familiar with, but Yojimbo is one I've been meaning to pick up.

I saw your comment on Broken Flowers, and I agree that Murray is no babe magnet! It was an indy film, and I guess you are right that you have to decide for yourself, and the discussion is open at the end, and that is the flavor of it. Still it was a little unsatisfying.

 
At Tuesday, 04 April, 2006, Blogger Kathleen said...

Jason - I bought them used from Alibris, so I'm not sure I made him all that happy. I made my friend TAS from SF happy though as they are her employer.

Scott - I liked Lord of War better than I had expected. It really pays to have low expectations. Definitely pick up Yojimbo! And keep your eyes on the Samurai as his facial expressions are hilarious! Yes, I think that's why indie films aren't so popular in the States, we like to have everything tied up in a pretty bow at the end with all questions answered. I have to say that I like it both ways - questions remaining sometimes, but questions answered others.

 
At Wednesday, 05 April, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed the Babylon 5 discs there - an excellent choice, although the first season is a little hit and miss.

I hope you enjoy it.

(Yes, I have all five seasons on DVD, so I did. Heh.)

 
At Tuesday, 11 April, 2006, Blogger MJW said...

Yesterday, I found Perry's "Vanishing Act" and "Death Benefits" in the local second-hand bookstore (paperback versions). Naturally, I was hoping to defy the odds and find "Island," but that was not meant to be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home