Wednesday, April 12, 2006

That's What I Get

80 Things I Stole From Heather at Matted Spam


Do you watch the Gilmore Girls?: Nope.

Have you ever enjoyed listening to Jack Johnson?: No. It's not that I don't enjoy him, I've just never heard anything he's done.

Do you listen to Christian rock?: Definitely not.

Have you ever seen or enjoyed watching the O.C.?: Nope, have never seen.

Do you have one or more Britney Spears C.D.?: Most definitely not.

Do you regularly watch the news?: Lately I have been because it comes on right after Ellen.

Which radio station is your favorite?: CBC Radio 2

Are you a Lost fanatic?: Saw one episode in Season 1. It seemed interesting, but I just have trouble committing to watching something every week on the same day at the same time, especially something that starts at 9:00 and doesn't end a half hour past my bedtime.

[[Be honest]]

Do you have a song by Ozzy Osbourne in your library?: I wish I did.

Alanis Morissette?: Nope

Do you watch Family Guy regularly?: No, but I hear it's very funny. I think I've seen a couple of episodes.

The Simpsons?: Haven't watched the Simpsons in years!

King of the Hill?: I think I watched the first two seasons.

[[Admit it]]

Do you read trashy romance novels often?: Not often, but occasionally when I want to read something but don't to get involved in anything that'll take me longer than an hour to read.

Do you really work out every day?: I did last year, but it's hard to get motivated when you don't see or feel any results.

Have you ever eaten chocolate in bed?: I don't think so.

Have you ever eaten an entire pint, or more, of ice cream by yourself? : At one time? No, but over the course of couple of days, yes A pint really isn't all the impressive, really. Now a half gallon! That would be impressive..

Have you ever spent an entire day in bed without being sick?: No.

Have you ever eaten nothing but junk food for a week straight? : I don't think so.

Do you shower every single morning, no exceptions?: Yes, unless I'm sick and even then I'll take one eventually.

Have you ever gone to school/work only 15 minutes after waking up?: Yes, but you feel like you're behind the entire rest of the day.

Do you ever forget to give an Christmas present & instead keep it for yourself?: No, unless I got a replacement gift.

Do you sing obnoxiously in the car when you're driving alone?: Sometimes.

Do you sing obnoxiously in the shower when no one's home?: I live alone, but do not sing in the shower.

Have you ever watched a little kid's show when you were over 12?: Who hasn't?

Have you ever looked forward to going to school?: Yes, I loved school, although I wouldn't go back for anything.

[[The Necessary Love Questions That Aren't So Necessary]]

Have you ever had an explicit dream involving your crush?: I so rarely remember my dreams that it's hard to say what I've dreamt.

...Did it include a broom closet? I think I can safely say that I have never dreamt about a broom closet in any way whatsoever.

Have you ever pretended your crush was with you when they really weren't?: Nope.

Did you draw for your first crush back in elementary school/preschool?: Draw? Hell, if I had a crush on him I wasn't going to scare him away with a stick figure drawing! I used to exchange books with him.

(Girls) Have you ever asked a guy out?: Yup, and just let me say that men do NOT want to be asked out by girls, unless the girl looks like Halle Berry.

(Guys) Have you ever liked a girl but didn't ask her out b/c you were afraid?: I know many guys who have not asked out girls because they were afraid.

Have you ever written a poem/story about your love life? What love life? I wrote a blog entry about some of my blind dates.

An autobiography?: Oh yeah, because people would flock to buy a story about my life.

Have you ever listened to a song repeatedly just because it reminded you of your crush?: I've listened to a song repeatedly because I didn't have a crush. I don't think there's a song out there that makes me think of my crush.

Have you ever spent over an hour thinking about nothing but your crush?: No, because it's depressing that the crush is not returned.

Do you reread meaningless AIM convos just because they're with your crush?: Never IMd my crush, but I don't find myself re-reading his e-mails.

Have you ever reconsidered liking someone because of their appearance?: Not really. I firmly believe that you can meet somebody is positively gorgeous, but their personality sucks canal water (none, bad, asshole, etc.) which causes me to view them unfavorably, i.e., they are no longer good looking. On the other hand, there can be someone who is not all that attractive to begin with, but as you get to know them and they turn out to be utterly cool, they become much more attractive.

Have you ever liked someone solely for their appearance? No.

[[The Questions You Love: Completely and Utterly Pointless Ones]]

Do you eat all the servings in the food groups on a daily basis?: Nope. I'm a vegetarian.

Are you ever a freak about cleanliness or organization?: I only wish.

Have you ever been treated for OCD? ADD?: Nope.

Do you own a graphing calculator?: I have no idea what this is, but I think I can safely say no.

Have you ever been to South America or Africa?: Yup, Egypt and I can't wait to go back!

Have you ever owned a Klutz book or kit?: I have no clue what this question is asking.

Do you know how to knit?: Oh yeah. Anybody want a scarf? I think my family and friends here are scarfed out.

Do you have a cellphone or iPod with a patterened cover? Nope.

Have you ever written song lyrics yourself and put them in your profile?: Puhleeze.

Do you keep a diary or journal (online or on paper)?: Yes, but I don't write in it very often. I only seem to write in it when I’m severely depressed or things I don't want to include in my diary/blog.

Did you ever want to be an astronaut or a teacher when you were a kid? I might have wanted to be a teacher at one point, but I don't remember it being a burning desire.

Do you own a striped sweater?: Hell no!

How often do you take a bubble bath?: When my apt. is freezing and I can't warm up.

When you open your closet, what is the dominant color of your clothes?: Black or red

[[Truly Unusual This or That Questions]]

Baskin Robbins or Coldstone?: Guernsey (I don't think I've ever been to Coldstone).

Sees or Godiva?: Can't get See's in Detroit.

The Shins or the Decemberists?: I'm assuming these are bands.

America or Canada?: I'd have said Canada until about a month ago but since they just voted in a Conservative government I guess I'll stick with my own country for now.

Physics or chemistry?: Are you kidding? This is a choice? Why don't you ask me if I want to die by the sword or the hangman's noose?

Glamorous or au naturale?: Oh, definitely glamorous!!! That's how everybody who knows me describes me. LOL!!!! I'm so funny!

Earphones or headphones?: Headphones. Ear buds hurt!

Chocolate brown or teal?: Hmm, I've been wearing more brown lately, but I wore teal yesterday and I have to say that I should probably wear it more often. I didn't look nearly as drab as I usually do under the fluorescent lights.

Earrings or a ring?: Why do I have to choose? I wear both.

Commitment or casual dating?: I hate dating.

Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?: Harry Potter, of course. I have yet to see any of the new LOTR movies – the one from the late 1970s pretty much cured me of wanting anything to do with LOTR.

Fly or road trip?: Depends on distance and time. Flying is helpful if you're going a fair distance and only have a few days. Road trips are cheaper (have you seen the price of airfares these days?) and I can listen to my music. Good thing about flying though is that I get knitting done.

Starbucks or Petes?: I don't drink coffee. I'd kill for Jamba Juice.

[[Another Wave of Random Questions]]

Do you know what a geisha is?: Duh.

What is your favorite Disney movie?: Mary Poppins (that was Disney, right?)

Do you have a more classic style or do you stay up-to-date (clothes wise)?: I would say neither.

How much jewelry do you own?: A lot.

What year do you (did you) graduate high school in?: 1982

Have you memorized the rejection hotline, just in case?: I doubt if I need this.

Have you ever given someone the rejection hotline as your number?: That would require unwanted attention from boys and since there is no wanted or unwanted attention in my life, this is unnecessary for my life.

Have you ever eaten at a food court?: Of course.

Have you ever bought clothes at Sears?: I have a couple of white shirts from Sears which I never wear. I used to wear the one to races instead of sunblock. It's signed by race car drivers but I retired it after Walter Payton (yes, he used to race cars and he was good) died. He was the third person on my shirt to die and I couldn't handle it anymore, so it got retired. The second white shirt was a replacement for the first shirt but I decided to invest in sunblock instead of wearing long sleeves to races when it was 90˚F.

Do you own any Care Bears memorabilia?: Dear heavens, no. I think they showed up when I was already in college.

Do you have a quilt on your bed?: Nope, down comforter!

What color is it?: Duvet cover is brick red.

I'm not sure this was all that interesting but it was easier than putting my brain to work today.

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, 12 April, 2006, Blogger Glen said...

Pick The Shins, or throw a curve and say Rogue Wave!!

 
At Wednesday, 12 April, 2006, Blogger mr. schprock said...

You DON'T listen to Christian rock?

Kathleen, Kathleen, Kathleen…

 
At Wednesday, 12 April, 2006, Blogger MJW said...

Kathleen: "Have you ever looked forward to going to school?: Yes, I loved school, although I wouldn't go back for anything."

That is exactly how I feel.

 
At Wednesday, 12 April, 2006, Blogger Dave said...

"What year do you (did you) graduate high school in?: 1982"

This must have been written by some teen-aged girl who should clearly be spending more time doing homework instead of writing pointless questionnaires.
It makes me cringe to see a sentence end with a preposition.

Whew...I feel better now.

 
At Wednesday, 12 April, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This survey had me laughing. The questions were definitely written by a teenager. I enjoyed reading your responses! I might snag it for my own blog because it's really cute!

Thanks for your caring and encouraging notes lately, kathleen. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate that. I'm not having much luck finding your supplies. I think I'm going to check out "Creativmarkt" this week. It's a larger franchise with a bigger selection. The little shops don't have much to offer in this area.

 
At Thursday, 13 April, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

Look at you, snagging it from me! :-) Just let everyone know I didn't write it - I stole it, too!!!

 
At Thursday, 13 April, 2006, Blogger Kathleen said...

Glen - I wasn't even sure they were bands!

Mr. Schprock - And you do?

Welfl - It's funny how the bad parts of school are what I remember.

Dave - Oh, you and me both, dear!

Clarity - Yes, obviously a teenaged girl, but it was fun to do. Even if it did make me feel old.

Heather - If they read your responses, they know you didn't write it!

 
At Friday, 17 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home