Thursday, March 23, 2006

Take Me, I'm Yours

Confession time: I didn't get to the gym on Tuesday. I was getting ready to leave at my usual time when a co-worker appeared at my desk needing me to place an order for him. Then we found out that I had to re-submit one from before because it was following the wrong approval chain. Then his boss stopped by and said he needed yet another order and handed us this paper supposedly containing what was needed. When CoWorker #1 went to talk to his boss, another co-worker showed up at my desk also needing an order. "And when you get this order in today will you send me the info, so I can get Big Boss' approval?" "Oh, I need to do this now?" An hour and a half after I was supposed to go home I was finally packing up my crap to leave. Since my aunts were leaving the next day I called them to see where they were and what time they were heading over to BAB's. I read a little bit and then decided that a 30 minute would not be a bad thing. They had said an hour but I knew them better. Sure enough they called at the end of my 30 minute nap and said they were on their way. We did nothing exciting. I was hoping that we would order Chinese food, but the aunts weren't hungry since they had had a late lunch at Panera. DANG! On my way home I stopped and got some Taco Bell. I really and truly need to get to the grocery store. Maybe this weekend.

I did get my lazy butt to the gym yesterday though. I completed 40 minutes on the elliptical machine doing the FatBurner program. I don't think I burned any fat, but I was there! I finished yet another book and started the last of my Thomas Perry (unless I decide to give in and go to the library, per suggestions from Welfl and Scott). Okay, smartypants, I looked the book up at my library and they have all them but that one. So there! ;-P The city where my sister lives does have the book, but getting her to go the library for me to check it out will be harder than climbing Everest. My sister does nothing if it's not going to benefit her in some way or something she already wants to do. List of excuses would be "I'm too busy to get there." "I have to take the kids [wherever]." "[Husband] won't let me." Blah Blah Blah. Maybe SIL will do it for me. Nope, her city's library doesn't have it. I might have to give up ever reading that particular book. Oh well.

I watched A Fistful of Dollars last night and have to say that Yojimbo was much better. Sure, Clint Eastwood is easy to look at, but it simply wasn't as good as its inspiration.

Has anybody watched Cash Cab on the Discovery Channel? I love that show! I am flabbergasted by the people who use their Shout Outs on the first few questions. I watched one chick get thrown out of the cab after FOUR QUESTIONS. And the one question she got right, she had used one of her shout-outs. The look on Ben's face was priceless after she got out of the cab. I saw one guy with piercings all over the place and spiky bleached blonde hair and he kicked butt, until he went for the Bonus (double or nothing) Question and lost it all. There's a sample quiz at the website to test yourself. And to show you how damn easy the first four questions are.

I took a What 90s movie character are you? quiz over at Clarity's today. Here are my results:

You are Acid Burn from "Hackers"
You are Acid Burn from "Hackers"
Take Which 90's movie character are you? today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

You are a bit of an enigma. You hide your true
feelings a lot of the time. You appear a lot more cool and collected on the surface than you are deep inside.
You like using the computer, you've got that down. But don't hide out behind the computer screen.
There are two sides to you..The sexy, confident one and the insecure, vulnerable one. Embrace them both. It's okay to need other people and to admit it to yourself.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, 23 March, 2006, Blogger fakies said...

Ooh, I'm Acid Burn too. I loved that movie!

 
At Thursday, 23 March, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

Fistful of Dollars = Good
Yojimbo = Great

 
At Saturday, 25 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for making you stay late the other night at work... At least I was the Coworker #1 and not the Small Evil Boss or Coworker #2

Thank You

 

Post a Comment

<< Home