Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Tuesday and Wednesday News in one post

Tuesday, 24 May 2005

WTF is up with our weather?!? Bloody hell, Saturday was GORGEOUS, mid-70s, sunny, just beautiful. Sunday morning I went to church in a sleeveless shirt and a pair of sandals. A couple of hours later I was glad I had my fleece because the wind came in along with the rain and it got chilly!!! And then yesterday was just miserable – I'd rather it just out and out rained as opposed to pulling that cold drizzly shit that goes right through to your bones. I had to close all the bloody windows in the house and I hate that. Actually I left the bedroom open a couple of inches and darn, but it was cold when I got up this morning. I had been planning on wearing a skirt today as I had a farewell party to attend at lunchtime, but I just couldn't face cold legs this morning.

The farewell party was for one of the women in my knitting group. She is leaving what was my old job at the University in order to go to graduate school. A number of the faculty were always after me to go to graduate school, but it just wasn't in me to go back to school. The thought gives me the heebie jeebies. Exams, studying, papers. EGADS!!! I had enough of it. My biggest problem (besides the cost, the time, and the fact that I really like having a set schedule for work with plenty of time for me to do what I want to do) is that the things that interest me enough to want to continue to study are not what we would call marketable, meaning I'd never get the money out of grad school that it would take. I love ancient history and Latin American history, but I certainly don't have any desire to write a dissertation and a Masters in Latin American or Ancient History is just not going to get me anywhere in life. So, I just buy up books on stuff that interests me and I never read them. I'm a book collector, no doubt about that. I always have grand ideas of reading them, but it so rarely happens. I'm lame, although I do use them for research purposes when I have a sudden question about Mexico history, as I'm sure we all do.

I can't believe that in 9 days I'll be driving to Milwaukee for the next Champ Car race (I haven't watched this past Sunday's race from Monterrey, Mexico yet as dear old Speedvision tape delayed broadcast it at 11:00 p.m. Sunday night. Not the most convenient time when I get up before 5:00 a.m. And last night I went to see the Revenge of the Sith with Jason as he was unable to join the group when we went on Saturday night and I didn't want him to have to go alone.


Wednesday, 25 May 2005

Well, I watched the Champ Car race last night, after my workout, and was up way too late once again. I swear I'm going to bed at 8:00 p.m. tonight. The Pistons will be on, but they have a tendency to lose when I watch them, so I'll do us all a favor and not watch. Go Pistons!!!

It was definitely an interesting race as there were a boatload of yellow flags which led to some interesting and different pit stop strategies. I mean, really, who the hell expected Nelson Philippe to lead 23 laps (the most of any driver). Nelson Philippe, people??? He SUCKED royally last year and even lost his ride halfway through last year when the check didn't come through and he certainly wasn't impressing the hordes. Just goes to show what differing pit strategies will do when Nelson leads the most laps.

And I love it when one of the drivers on the podium says "If it hadn't been for all those yellow flags, I think I could have finished better (i.e., 1st or 2nd)." Uh, no, sweetheart. If it hadn't been for all those yellows knocking out the cars in front of you, you would have barely finished in the points. It's amazing how much ego is necessary to be a race car driver, in general, and how deluded you can be!

Well, I guess that's it for today (and yesterday). Just not all that much going on in my life, so it makes for boring entries. Sad, because I really don't think of my life as being that boring, in general. Although I've never thought it would be book/novel material, either. Tonight will be bill paying night, so that's darn exciting.

Oh, and I thought my stalker had gotten the hint as I hadn't seen him in a while, but I guess he was just on vacation. And he's adjusted his time table so I can never be sure when to hide. Blast him!!! A couple of weeks ago I spent 11:59 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. hiding at a supervisor's desk (they have tall cubicle walls), so that he couldn't see me. And then I didn't see him at all last week or Monday this week…but he was back yesterday and today. I'm sure he knows I don't want him walking past my desk anymore, but he's going to do it just to show he's not a wimp or something, or some other kind of guy logic. And if he developed a personality, I'd bet he'd find a nice woman his own age to date. Twit.

Now I'm really gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home