Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Mexico!!!!





Star Wars Horoscope for Leo




You add a whole new meaning to self-assurance.
You are a nurturing person with great physical strength.
Like many Leos, you will see that your mission for good is completed.
You are very optimistic about the future.

Star wars character you are most like: Princess Leia



I'm not so sure about the Princess Leia thing. I have major objections to wearing cinnabons™ on my head. And I might give off the impression of immense self-assurance, but it would be a lie. The rest I'd agree with though, for the most part.


I have continued my workout ways. I only got two days in last week, because they closed the gym down starting Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. and I as I didn't get out of work right on time, I didn't even try to get there. I ended up at Mervyn's where I bought a shitload of tops for the summer. I also went to Target looking for something specific, oh yeah, a Pur Water Filter for my faucet, but they don't fit my old old faucet/spigot/tap. I need to get either the Pur filter pitcher style or call up Absopure and see how much that costs. The costs of the filers for the Pur pitcher are not cheap, so I wonder if Absopure wouldn't be cheaper in the long run. All I know is that I'm running out of filtered water and I will NOT drink the water straight from those old pipes. Just not going to happen. I have no problem drinking Detroit City water anywhere else, but at home. And I won't let the cats drink unfiltered water either after Tikal's cancer issues. I don't know that his mouth tumor was the result of unfiltered water, but better safe than sorry.

Okay, I sent an e-mail to Absopure expressing an interest in home delivery. We shall see.

I spent the weekend down in Mexico once again enjoying the heat and sunshine. Damn, but was it hot down there!!! I'm not complaining, just commenting. It was 90˚F (obviously F and not C, because that would be stupid hot if it were in C temps. 194˚F actually.) And it got up to 101˚F. I spent both days out in the sun with my sunblock slathered all over me, but still somehow managed to miss a few spots. How does that happen? I had the straps untied on my bathing suit top and even put it on in front of the mirror to make sure I didn't miss anywhere and still managed to get sunburn in only a few select spots (right on my should where I sling my back on my walk to work, of course). I just don't understand.

Saturday we hung out at a friend's racquet club and every half hour or so, we'd jump in the pool to cool off. Sunday we went to the beach and enjoyed another lovely day in the sun. I went in the water a few times while keeping my eyes peeled for these funky BLUE jellyfish. It was actually very helpful that they were blue because it made them much easier to see and therefore avoid. Here they out and out lie about their temps. NO WAY IN HELL IT WAS ONLY 89˚F there on Sunday. It was damn near 100˚, but it is quite a nice little place.

Oh, and we saw way cool marine life!!! While walking along the beach (as it was way too hot to lay out in the sun), a sea horse got thrown up on the shore and it was still alive. It was WAY COOL. I picked it up and tried to throw it back into the water so that it wouldn't die, but I didn't do a very good job, so one of my walking companions had to take over and she picked him up with some sand and got him way out there. Whew! We saved a life. And then while we were sitting on the porch of Jorge's we saw a sea lion not that far out (probably as far out as I had been when I had been in the water). Also WAY FREAKING COOL!

I tried to find those blue jellyfish on-line, but haven't had any luck. I found something called a blue jelly, but it lives over in the Australian area, not Mexico. *sigh*


Well, I just got an e-mail from the Bossman and it indicated that he's leaving our little group. I'm so sad as I really like the Bossman. It's a "promotional opportunity" so good for him, but bad for us. It's funny, but almost everybody is sad about it. That says something about a boss when your underlings are sad you are going elsewhere, but happy that you got a promotion.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, 19 May, 2005, Blogger Brian said...

What about a pourifier that is connected to the waterlines under the sink? Much cheaper than absopure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home