Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Holiday Weekends and two surveys

Hello all. Where on earth did May go? I can't believe that tomorrow is June already? Bloody hell!!!

My weekend was not overly exciting, although it was good for me. I went to the Detroit Beer Company Friday night and it was a place that I want to try again. I got the IPA and it was YUMMY! And I would try something over than the veggie roll sandwich next time. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't fabulous, especially when I'm at a bar with LOTS of veggie choices!!! Next time I'm going to get the wild mushroom pasta.

Saturday I took the kids to the vet. It is such a joy trying to catch Igor and then get him into the carrier. I broke my only nail that was a decent length. I tried to catch Igor first, but he escaped, so I went for Boris. He gave a good fight, but I won that one and then had to find Igor. He didn't do a very good job of hiding as he was just under the love seat within reach. I grabbed him and after another good fight got him into the carrier. I'm glad they only have to go once a year!!!

Boris is the cutest damn thing at the vet. He gets all freaked out and tries to get as high as possible. He was sitting on my shoulders waiting for the vet to come in. And when I got him down so that the vet could check him out, he put his front paws around the vet's neck and it seemed like he was hugging the vet. It's so cute. Igor hides in the carrier (the same carrier I had to fight and break a nail to get him into), until I drag him out and he just hunkers down and tries to be as invisible as possible. And as soon as he's allowed, he's back in the carrier. And he cries all the way there and all the way back. It's enough to make a cat owner think about not taking the little darlings in for their annual shots, but I'm a good cat owner, so I suffer through the hair shedding and the fighting and the crying. It's more important to keep them healthy so that they'll stay with me longer.

I took an hour nap on Saturday. It was pathetic, but dang, I was tired. I spent Saturday afternoon with my friend Marianne and her kids. We had lunch at Olga's and then wandered around Fairlane until she had to get the kids home to spend their required time with their father. I got a new candle from Yankee Candle (Island Mango). I bought Lavender a few months back and it's just too strong to burn for more than 30 minutes, as it makes me ill.

I did a lot of reading this weekend. For some reason I decided to re-read the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum books and I'm now on the last one (which just came out last year). The woman at Sears told me that the new one is due out soon, so that's definitely something to which to look forward. Her books make me laugh out loud, literally. They're an insanely quick and easy read. Heck, I've read three in one day (Saturday), and that included my time to the vet, the mall and my nap.

We actually had a family BBQ yesterday, and it was quite nice. As Marianne was kidless and planless, she joined us. I ate way too much and now need to do at least two hours of cardio today and tomorrow. Unless the hotel in Milwaukee has a gym, I won't get any cardio in the rest of the week. ARGH!!! I hope the hotel has a mini-gym.

And here are a couple of surveys that I "borrowed" from Clarity.

1) What's your middle name?
It's your basic middle name – starting with M.
2) School bully you can't forget?
Philip from kindergarten. I remember that he used to bite. I swore I'd never have anything to do with a Philip after that – makes you wonder why I didn't hold to that philosophy.
3) Were you prom queen or king?
Hahahha
4) Pancakes or waffles?
Waffles
5) First celebrity crush?
The bear on the Andy Williams Show
6) Make up: Joan Collins or Christie Brinkley?
I have no clue how either wear their make-up.
7) Do you now or have you ever owned a pair of Jordache jeans?
I am wondering what year this survey was created…do they even make Jordache jeans anymore???? And the answer is NO. Even when I weighed 103 lbs I didn't fit into Jordache jeans.
8) Ever won an athletic competition?
My intramural soccer team in high school won but I'm sure it was despite my presence on the team.
9) New York or San Francisco?
I've never been to New York, so I have to say San Francisco.
10) Plaid or paisley?
Having worn an ugly-ass plaid throughout Catholic grade school I have to go with paisley.
11) Can you cook? What's your specialty?
Yes, I can cook. I have no specialty as I don't have to cook often enough to have a specialty.
12) Do you shave above the knee?
Maybe twice a year.
13) Michael Jackson: disturbed predator or grossly misunderstood?
Both. This was Clarity's answer and I have to say that it's a good one.
14) Prominent movie from your childhood?
Mary Poppins
15) In an ideal world, I would look like...
myself, just 20 lbs lighter.
16) Thank God I do NOT look like...
John Candy
17) My secret passion is...
I gotta agree with Clarity once again. None of my passions are very secret.
18) My archenemy is...
Tony George, owner of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway by virtue of his gender and complete putz. I don't have a personal archenemy.
19) If I had to lose one of my senses it would be...
Taste
20) This quiz?
Not the greatest or most interesting ever….

LAST PERSON WHO...
*Slept in your bed: Igor, okay, he's not a person, but I'd have to go back too many years to get to another answer.
*Saw you cry: Absolutely no idea.
*Made you cry: Again, no idea.
*Spent the night at your house: My friend Kathleen
*You went to the mall with: Marianne and her two kids
*Yelled at you: I hate being yelled at, so you'd think I'd remember, but I don't.
*Sent you an e-mail: my brother

HAVE YOU EVER..
*Said "I love you" and meant it? Yes, but not in a romantic way.
*Gotten in a fight w/your dog/cat/bird/fish, etc.: I've play fought with the kids.
*Been to New York?: New York State? Yes. New York City? No.
-California?: Many times. I even lived there for four years.
-Hawaii?: No.
-Mexico?: Yes, many times. I love Mexico.
-China?: No.
-Canada?: I'm from Detroit, of course.
*Danced naked?: No.
*Dreamed something really crazy and then it happened the next day: No.
*Wish you were the opposite sex?: No, but I have wished "The Curse" on to men.
*Had an imaginary friend?: No.

RANDOM...
*Red or blue?: Red
*Spring or fall?: Fall – Spring in Michigan is too cold and rainy and miserably wintry.
*Are you bored?: Not totally.
*Last noise you heard?: The CD I'm listening to?
*Last time you went out of the state/province: Sunday night, YS and Mom and I drove to Ohio for ice cream.
*What book are you reading now?: Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich.
*Worst feeling in the world: Inexplicable loss.
*What is the first thing you think when you wake in the morning?: How long can I "snooze?"
*How many rings before you answer the phone?: However long it takes for me to find the phone.
*Future daughter's name: No future daughter.
*Future son's name: Ditto.
*Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?: No.
*If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be?: Something within Champ Car that got me to EVERY SINGLE RACE w/o me going broke.
*Are you a lefty, righty or ambidextrous?: Righty.
*Do you type with your fingers on the right keys?: Yes.
*What's under your bed?: My collection of hi-top Chuck Taylors.
*Location: The greater metropolitan Detroit area.
*College plans: Been there, done that. There shall be no graduate work in my future, thank you very much.
*Do you do drugs: No.
*Do you drink: Yes
*Who is your best friend?: I was thinking about this the other day. I don't know that I have a best friend.
*Other great friends?: Yes
*What kind of Shampoo and Conditioner do you use?: Pantene Pro-V Shampoo/Conditional combination.
*What are you most scared of?: Losing the people I love most.
*What clothes do you sleep in?: Nightgown, unless I'm traveling and sharing a room with someone – then t-shirt and bike shorts.
*Who is the last person who called you?: Here at work – wrong number. Home phone? Marianne – getting directions to my sister's yesterday.
*Who do you really hate?: Judgmental intolerant people (unless it's me)
*Favorite number: 7
*Are You Timely Or Always Late: Generally very much on time, if not early.
*Do You Have A Job: Yes
*Do You Like Being Around People: Yes, mostly.
*Best feeling in the world: Igor and Boris sleeping on the bed with me and knowing I don't have to get up!
*Are you for world peace: Of course.

STUFF..
*Have you ever loved someone you had no chance with: I've been interested in people with whom I've had no chance.
*Have You Ever Cried Over Something Someone of The Opposite Sex Did: Of course.
*Do You Have A "Type" Of Person You Always Go After: Yes, the loser-type.
*Ever Liked a close Guy/Girl Friend: Yes, but not in the way it means.
*Are You Lonely Right Now: No
*Ever Afraid You'll Never Get Married: I'm not afraid of the possibility, but I do believe it's very much possible.
*Do You Want To Get Married: If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't
*Do You Want Kids: Ever since the age of 12 I knew I didn't want kids. And I still don't.

FAVORITE..
*Room In house: Living Room
*Type(s) of music: Punk, goth/industrial, classical,
*Song: Atmosphere by Joy Division.
*Memory: Climbing the Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan in Mexico and going inside the Pyramid at Giza.
*Day of the week: Summer – Sunday because it's Race Day! Otherwise, Friday.
*Color: Black.
*Perfume Or Cologne: Tuscany
*Month: August
*Season: Summer
*Holiday: Thanksgiving

IN THE LAST 48 HOURS, HAVE YOU..
*Cried: I laughed so hard on Sunday night that my eyes were watering.
*Bought Something: Sushi and ice cream.
*Gotten Sick: No.
*Sang: In the car to my The Dears CD.
*Said I Love You: No
*Wanted To Tell Someone You Loved them: No.
*Met Someone New: Met my niece's boyfriend's parents. Not overly exciting, but they were new people.
*Moved On: No.
*Had Sex With Someone: LOL!!!
*Had A Serious Talk: No.
*Missed Someone: Yes.
*Hugged Someone: Yes.
*Kissed Someone: Yes.
*Fought With Your Parents: No, I behaved myself this weekend and did not pick a fight with Mom.
*Dreamed About Someone You Can't Be with: No.
*Had a lot of sleep: Yes, until last night when I couldn't sleep. I hate that I can't sleep the night before going back to work. So frustrating!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home