Thursday, October 07, 2004

More politics and The Breast Cancer Site

Here's an article, There are many reasons to vote for Bush. But why would you?, by Eric Mink of the St. Louis Dispatch, that I think everybody should read.

If you don't have time to read it (although if you're planning on voting in November, I think you should make the time, even if you think you've already made up your mind), here is a little snippet which I think is pretty telling.

In a 2002 interview with The Washington Post's Bob Woodward (thanks to syndicated columnist Richard Reeves for recently citing it), Bush described the dynamic in Oval Office meetings: "I'm the commander," he said. "I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the president. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."

Fine. That's what elections are for.


Every day the first thing I do when I get on my computer is go to The Breast Cancer Site and click. This is October which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month (or something like that). It will cost you nothing but a few moments of your time to click and it supplies mammograms for the less fortunate among us. And while you're there, you might as click for The Hunger Site, The Rainforest Site, The Child Health Site, and The Animal Rescue Site. Now it's really handy, because when you do the initial at The Breast Cancer Site, it'll go to a Thank You page and at the bottom of the Thank You page, there are hot links to all the other sites, so just work your way across all the buttons.

Then when you get to the Animal Rescue Site Thank You page, if you go all the way to the bottom, there's hot link that will take you to The Ecology Fund. There are only two hot buttons on the top of the page, but you'll get four more. Again, it's FREE to you! Just takes a few moments of your time. And then finally, at the top of the last Ecology Fund page, there's a bright red banner for Red Jellyfish where you can click to save more of the rainforest and to feed chimps in captivity. Again, all this is free to you. It'll take less than 3 minutes of your time, unless you're on dial-up so it might take a little longer, but they're all good causes, so go click EVERY DAY!!!

Please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home