Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Yarn Dorks!!!!

Julie found this website yesterday and it made me laugh out loud this morning. It's some unbelievably awful senior pictures with some cutting commentary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, I'm tired. Yesterday was a very long day. I got up at 4:30 in order to be at work by 5:30 so that I could leave early because Julie and I had plans to go to the Lansing yarn store and we didn't want to get stuck in Detroit rush hour traffic. It was actually pretty easy getting up at 4:30 because I had slept like crap all night long. I'm telling you I was like a little kid who knows they're going to the Zoo the next day. I was so bloody excited about going to this particular yarn shop that I couldn't sleep and when I did sleep I dreamt about the yarn shop. It's a little pathetic. ;-)

We were on the road by 3:30 but stopped in Howell for gas and some other things, so it took us closer to two hours to get there than the hour and half Mapquest told us. But I have to say it was worth the drive, especially since Julie was driving. Just kidding. I'd totally drive anytime, but Julie gets carsick if she's not driving, so she just prefers to drive. We got there and were blown away by this store. Julie took pictures, so check her blog later today and you can see this place for itself. I have to send out an e-mail to the Knitting Club and make them jealous! It was everything I dreamed it would be. The owners were fun and nice and helpful, and the yarns were to die for! I can't wait to get started on some of my projects. I have so so many to do!

We met Julie's CD store owning husband Glen for dinner at a fabulous Italian restaurant and our friends Amy and Tony drove up to Novi to join us. It was quite an enjoyable evening, but I didn't crawl into bed until after 10:00, which is late when the alarm goes off at 4:30 (it always goes off at 4:30, but I usually don't drag my butt out of bed until 4:55), and then I had residual yarn excitement which resulted in even more bizarre dreams containing teenaged female TV stars whose names I don't know. I don't even watch teenaged female TV stars, so I have no idea why they are showing up in my subconscious. The one in my dream was, I think, Lindsay Lohan and the gist was that she was broke because she bought a bar and her father (who was really the father from that Christian family TV show Heaven something or other, I think) was there, but I don’t remember him for yelling at her for wasting all her money. And I just remember being bemused by the possibility of spending millions of dollars and being broke. Tonight I'm going to bed at 7:00 p.m.!!! I'm so bloody tired, but it was worth it, I have to say. It is the most fantastic yarn shop ever!!!!

I think I'll crawl under my desk now and take a little nap. I wonder if anybody will notice….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home