Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Three in one day????

This is my favorite time of year. The weather is still nice (if sometimes a little hotter than I'd like) and everybody's garden is producing fabulous veggies! Now, please note the use of the term "everybody's." For the record, that does not include me. I do not have a garden, and for a number of reasons: 1) I live in an apt. with no garden/yard area and 2) I hate gardening. Okay, only two reasons. Still, I simply love homegrown tomatoes and cucumbers. Michigan tomatoes are the best!!! No, your state does not grow better ones than Michigan. Michigan's are the best. So, don't even think of arguing. And my favorite tomatoes are cherry tomatoes. And my boss has a Tupperware bowl on his desk right now with some. I'd say it was full, but it's no longer full, thanks to me. I can't help it, but every time I walk past I have to snitch a couple or five. And he just handed me two huge cucumbers. Yay! Can you say cucumber sandwich?

My father used to plant one or two cherry tomato plants every year just for me (it's the only thing he ever did for me, mind you) and I'd eat them straight off the plant. And two plants were more than enough because right around this time of year, there'd be too many for me to eat straight off the plant, so I'd fill Mom's biggest Pyrex bowl (of the nesting bowls). I'd manage to eat them all eventually, but it just took me a little longer.

I'm still completely in love with my Tijuana Strip Club CD. I want to buy a second copy so that I can lend it out to people w/o having to go through withdrawal of my own. I've done that before with Mahler's Symphony #5. I bought a second copy and lent it to my cousin Blake (he's 16) and then since I couldn't remember what happened to it, I bought a third copy, and then when I remembered that Blake had it I told him that he could keep it, as he loves it as much as I do. I will be taking Blake to the DSO (Detroit Symphony Orchestra) this year at some point. It's his turn. Two years ago I took his brother Glen, last year his sister Maureen, so this year, according to age, it's his turn.

Friday is the Season Opening Weekend for the DSO and I'm going with my friend Darrell. Carmina Burana by Orff is the musical piece which we shall be enjoying. Hmm, guess that means I should give TSC a break and listen to my copy of Carmina Burana. I like to have a clue to what music I'll be listening before I head to the symphony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home