Thursday, September 09, 2004

Go Tigers!!!!

Well, I might be taking off early today because the Tigers have a doubleheader today starting at noon and it's supposed to be a nice day. Glen e-mailed late last night (after midnight, so that's probably technically very early this morning) asking if anybody was up for the game. My first thought was "I have to work." Then my second thought was I can leave by 2:15 since I was here at 5:45 and then I thought, Hmmm, I have comp time! I wonder if one ticket will work for both games? That would be SWEET! And I can wear my new Tigers cap that I got for my b-day from Meg. It's all very exciting, which means that nobody else will want to go. *sigh* But then again, it's not like Glen and I couldn't go.

So, yesterday I didn't walk for veggies, as when I left work the weather was crappy – chilly breeze, cloudy and felt like rain –which explains why my knees were hurting yesterday. You know I'd rather not have the ability to guess the weather by the pain in my knees. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. The problem with going to the games today though is that I do have plans to meet Martha for drinks at Cheli's and not just drinks but I was going to get the nachos which are literally the best in the world!!!! Ah well, I don't need nachos. I probably don't need a baseball doubleheader either, but that won't add to my already ample waistline.

I've watched two of the three new episodes of Bands Reunited on VH1. I missed the Haircut 100 one on Monday, and they don't have a rebroadcast date yet, so I'm bumming. I watched The New Kids on the Block episode on Tuesday and it was a half hour long meaning NO REUNION, which didn't bother me at all as I'm a little older than the NTKOB group. I remember my cousin who is 18 years younger than me being really into them oh so many years ago and I didn't have a clue who they were – comes from being a punk in college. Anyway, that one didn't matter to me one way or the other, but last night was ABC and even though only two agreed to reunite, they still had a concert with session musicians and Nick Beggs from Kajagoogoo (who helped set up Martin Fry for the Bands Reunited crew) filling in for the two missing members. To me it was sad that the two missing members weren't even willing to meet for the reunion. There was nothing that said they had to put on a concert. There was at least one band last season that only got together for the reunion (can't remember which one though). They hadn't seen each other since 1983. I don't know, it makes me sad, because it strikes me as a missed opportunity. Martin Fry sounded the same and looked pretty good for a 44 year old (or 43). He even came out in a gold suit which was classic ABC. And I now have a bit of a crush on David Palmer, the drummer. He's very cute and only 39. ;-) He now plays with Rod Stewart's band, so I might have to go to a Rod Stewart concert. LOL!!! Okay, probably not.

Tonight is The English Beat, one of my all time favorite bands, so I'll be setting the VCR for the 10:00 p.m. show, as I’m hoping to be at the baseball game for the 5:00 p.m. showing. I'm really bummed that they don't have any rebroadcasts of Haircut 100 scheduled. All the other ones have multiple rebroadcasts already scheduled. I wonder what's up with that. If I had known that they were only going to show it the once I would have set the VCR before I went to bed. DANG!

I have no idea how to list websites along the sides of my page (I'm still learning), I decided to list my favorite blogs/diaries here:

My dear friend Suzy, who is not updating as often as I'd like her to, but I understand that life does get in the way sometimes.

The West Virginia Surf Report by Jeff Kay. He makes me laugh.

Mark Maynard's site. He's funny and political, and will occasionally post pictures of his beautiful baby, Clementine. Those alone are worth the price of admission.

Kevin is very funny, but, like Suzy, isn't posting as often as I would like. Not that I begrudge him his time away, I just miss his stories from the strip club.

Julie is the brave woman who took on the task of teaching me how to crochet and knit. She's also a computer whiz and has kindly agreed to come over at some point and help me with my POS home computer. So, go read her blog and help her numbers grow!!!

Glen's website doesn't get updated all that often as he's a busy man running his own business, but when he does, it's worth it.

Darrell's site. He's my friend who is very into politics. His site isn't always about politics, though, and it's worth checking out when he's not swamped with work. Go to his site and remind him that he doesn't get paid OT for all that OT work he does. ;-)

Todd Vodka is as far as I know the first person to read my site, so I owe him! Thanks, Mr. Vodka!

Well, I guess that's all I have for today, so far. If I don't go to the game, I might bore you all later. In the meantime, have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home