Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Crazy Woman in Sheboygan

I can't believe it's only Tuesday. Why does this week feel like it should be Friday??? Maybe because I'm so looking forward to Friday as noted in my previous post? (GO AND READ IT! Please, pretty please...) I'm thinking Maybe!

Anyway, the charming Babs asked to hear my Sheboygan story. I don't remember if I told it last year when it happened, and I'm too damn lazy to go looking.

HRH and I were in Wisconsin for the CCWS race and actually got a hotel room in Sheboygan which is as close to Road America as you can get w/o staying in Elkhart Lake which only has some fancy-ass resort which we can't afford. Anyway, we went driving east on what I think is the main street in Sheboygan in order to see Lake Michigan. We get to the end of the road and it dead ends (obviously). HRH thinks she can get a better view if she pulls into this driveway (she thought it was some sort of hotel or commercial building, I knew it was a fancy-shmancy house). She pulls all the way up and even makes the turn in front of the 75-car garage and realises that there wasn't a good view of the lake after all (thank God, because she would have gotten out of the car, she told me). In the driveway of this fancy-shmancy house is a Shania Twain type tour bus and some woman was in the tour bus watching a movie on a TV screen bigger than the TV in my house (why she wasn't in the house is an excellent question, but we did not ask it). We know she was in there, because she came out and stood in front of the car to stop us from leaving. She was beside herself that we had turned around in her driveway and she yelled at us for a long time. HRH, for all her sarcasm and smart assness, can be remarkably polite and conciliatory when needed and she was at her best that night, but it was all for naught. This woman was just incensed that we had turned around in her driveway.

Now, it's not like we're teenagers or 20-somethings in a beat-up car. We're two 40-somethings in a Mini-Cooper. She was going on and on and on about how dare we treat her driveway like that. I mean, it was ridiculous. HRH explained that she didn't realise it was a home and that she had wanted to see the lake, etc. I swear to you, the woman nearly lost her mind. As we tried to leave, she went and stood in front of us (after telling us never to come to her house again or she'd call the police) and that's when she noticed the Ontario license plate. She realised that we were what we had said, and that we probably wouldn't be back to her stupid house (although it's tempting) and she let us go, but with a final word of warning about not coming back to her house ever again. We stopped at a Burger King just down the road and I so badly wanted to send the teenager standing there waiting for the bus to her house, just to freak her out all over again, but didn't want to the poor kid to get into trouble. I have been tempted to tell all non-Wisconsites who visit Sheboygan to go to this woman's house and turn around in her driveway, just to put her over the edge. Sadly, I can't do that since I don't remember the name of the street. I just think if I owned that nice of a house, that I'd be in it not the bloody tour bus in the driveway.

And that's my Sheboygan story…I hope it was worth the asking.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Blogger fakies said...

I'd have told her off for sure. I've always wanted to meet the Sheboygan police. :)

 
At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Trina - Not HRH's style nor, for that matter, mine. The woman was nuts, though.

 
At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Blogger fermicat said...

Are you sure she even lived there? Maybe her gigantic tour bus was trespassing and she felt threatened about being found out.

 
At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad you don't remember the address. That sounds too tempting. ;)

 
At Wednesday, 24 October, 2007, Blogger LL said...

And here I thought the twist to the story was going to be that YOU were the crazy woman in Sheboygan. I must have seen too many Twilight Zones...

 
At Wednesday, 24 October, 2007, Blogger Babs Gladhand said...

OH! The story was definitely worth the telling. Now I so want to go find this woman's house and turn around in her driveway. In fact, it would be great fun to have about 20 cars at my disposable and just keep switching cars and turning around in her driveway.

I wonder how long it would take her to figure out I was the same person.

Thank you!

 
At Wednesday, 24 October, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Fermi - I've wondered about that, as well.

Zombie - Sheboygan's not large...you find the Burger King and keep heading east, you'll find her house.

LL - Are you trying to say I'm crazy? ;-P

Babs - She was insane enough that she'd probably recognise you right away in the second car. It'd be great if you could a Shania Twain type tour bus and park next to the other one.

 
At Wednesday, 24 October, 2007, Blogger dr sardonicus said...

They're can't be that many big houses in Sheboygan, especially that close to the lake.

 
At Thursday, 25 October, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Dr. - Ssshhhh! ;-)

 
At Thursday, 25 October, 2007, Blogger Nob Hill Omnivore said...

I'll ask my friend Bob if he knows the psycho with the C&W tour bus who lives near the lake, he's from Sheboygan.

 
At Thursday, 25 October, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Sal - You know somebody everywhere!! Talk about a small world.

 
At Friday, 26 October, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

Wow. Maybe she was drunk or drugged up...if you're living in a bus instead of your pretty pretty house there's gotta be something wrong!

 
At Friday, 26 October, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Heather - Or crazy... ;-)

 
At Saturday, 03 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That left me rolling - best story I've read since, well, since writing whatever I wrote last on my blog. But I jest - this was great. =o)

 
At Sunday, 04 November, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Badman - Glad you enjoyed it. I still shake my head at the insanity of it all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home