Monday, June 11, 2007

My Life Story in Song (according to my iPod)

Heather posted this survey and I figured what the heck (while I work on my favorite ten things that start with the letter "K" – I'm up to one, so far).

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?

So, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing.
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend your cool...


Opening Credits:
Love to Hate You – Erasure

Waking Up:
Imagination – Erasure (see, damn iPod is still doing it – playing two songs by the same band right in a row, or occasionally with another band's song in between. And I have 1289 songs on this sucker))

First Day at School:
This Offer is Unrepeatable – Elvis Costello with the Brodsky Quartet from The Juliet Letters

Falling in Love:
Methods of Dance - Japan

Fight Song:
Weight of the World – Erasure (now, really, this is ridiculous. I love Erasure, as it's obviously on my iPod, but as a percentage, there are just not that many of their songs on it.)

Breaking Up: (I should have started this earlier so that my Opening Credits song was here instead)
N.W.O. (New World Order) – Ministry

Prom:
Tomorrow Started – Talk Talk

Mental Breakdown:
Believe – Voltaire

Driving:
She's My Best Friend – Black

Flashback:
Dead Man's Party – Oingo Boingo

Getting Back Together:
Biko – Peter Gabriel

Wedding:
Gentlemen Take Polaroids – Japan (Okay, not only the same band as just a few songs back, but the same bloody album. And weird, but Japan doesn't show up in my list of Artists.)

Birth of Child:
Superman (It's Not Easy) – Five For Fighting

Final Battle:
Face The Change – INXS

Death Scene:
Here It Comes Again - Black

Funeral Song:
Means To An End – Joy Division

End Credits:
Eternal Odyssey – Delerium

I'm not tagging anyone, but if you want to play along, go for it.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At Monday, 11 June, 2007, Blogger Beth said...

I am doing this one this week. So fun! And Oingo Boingo ... what a delightful blast from the past.

My iPod tunes are so gay, this'll get real embarrassing quick, but still ... fun!

 
At Monday, 11 June, 2007, Blogger fermicat said...

This is a fun take on the "list the first ten random songs on your MP3 player" type of deal. I think there is a flaw with the randomizer on iTunes. Ours does the same kind of thing, but it has a favorite artist - Nickel Creek. Never mind that we have over 400 CDs and only 2 of them are Nickel Creek.

 
At Monday, 11 June, 2007, Blogger mr. schprock said...

The stuff I have in my iTunes program (I don't have an iPod) are so strange, I don't see this working. Not only do I have music in there, I have random sound clips, old time radio shows, an enactment of Macbeth, etc. Sounds like fun though.

 
At Monday, 11 June, 2007, Blogger Syl said...

Found you via Mark Maynard's website. I'm going to try this :-)

 
At Monday, 11 June, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Beth - I'm a bit in love with Danny Elfman. Just don't tell Bridget Fonda.

Fermi - Is that what it is? I thought a lot of the songs fit actually.

Schprockie - If I had more than 8 gigs, I'm sure I'd have more than just songs, too.

Sylvie - Welcome. I just started going back to Mark's after a brief hiatus.

 
At Monday, 11 June, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

When I did this on MySpace I ended up getting like 3 or 4 Ramones songs and I have over 1300 songs on mine! It's like it gets stuck on one name!! Dead Man's Party - gotta love it! :)

 
At Tuesday, 12 June, 2007, Blogger fakies said...

Wow, I only knew one of your songs. I may have to try this one myself.

 
At Tuesday, 12 June, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Heather - Maybe I'll try this one at home with all of my songs downloaded into iTunes and then actually post something at myspace.

Trina - Really? Only one? I know I'm a little out there, but I thought Erase, INXS, Peter Gabriel and Oingo Boingo were pretty accessible. Which song?

 
At Tuesday, 12 June, 2007, Blogger Kelly said...

LOL, that is great! I love that game.

 
At Tuesday, 12 June, 2007, Blogger LL said...

I, like KTM, only knew one song.

BTW, knowing the singer is not the same as knowing the song.

 
At Wednesday, 13 June, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

LL - You're right, of course.

 
At Thursday, 14 June, 2007, Blogger fakies said...

I guess I knew Five For Fighting too, but I didn't realize that was the name of the song.

 
At Thursday, 05 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like these song-tag thingys!(I am a tag dummy) So I think I shall try this one day. Oh and hello btw, nice to "meet" you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home