Thursday, May 17, 2007

Tearing

I borrowed this from Heather.

MOST PLAYED SONG IN ITUNES: This is hard actually to judge, because Monday I downloaded a bunch of new CDs that I got and so I took a bunch of stuff off my poor 8 only gig Nano to put my new Voltaire CDs on it. I checked iTunes on my MacBook and it says that Freedom by The Housemartins had been played the most times at 20. That makes no sense to me but okay, I'll go with it.

MOST PLAYED CD: I've been on a Voltaire kick of late, but I think Boo Hoo by Voltaire got played more than The Devil's Bris.

10 SONGS YOU CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF:
1) Atmosphere – Joy Division
2) The Vampire Club - Voltaire
3) Dear God - XTC
4) China – Tori Amos
5) Uncertain Smile – The The
6) Mad World – Tears for Fears
7) Like A Prayer – Bigod 20
8) Swamp Thing – The Chameleons UK
9) Coil Operated Doll – The Dresden Dolls
10) Can't Get Used to Losing You – The English Beat

LAST CD YOU BOUGHT: Um, bought…as in paid for? Or when they arrived? Because I bought four Voltaire CDs (Zombie Prostitute, Live!, Almost Human, Then and Again) from Projekt Records last week, but they arrived on Monday, whereas I went to an honest to goodness CD store (independently owned, thank you very much) on Saturday and bought Grinderman (not in love with it yet), LC & Live from London (which I can't find at allmusic.com, so I'm wondering if I got the title right) by The Durutti Column, and Money for All by Nine Horses (and David Sylvian).

LAST CONCERT: Iggy & The Stooges, BABY!!! Oh, wait, unless we're talking any musical concert, it was the DSO last Friday playing Mahler's Symphony #2: The Resurrection.

LAST SONG YOU HEARD: You're Gone – Del Amitri from Waking Hours

FIRST SONG ON YOUR iPod: …About A Girl – Voltaire from Boo Hoo

Before Monday with the great change of iPod music, it had been Supernaut by 1000 Homo DJs.

LAST SONG ON YOUR iPod: Zombie Prostitute – Voltaire from Zombie Prostitute

TEN CDs YOU COULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT:
1) Symphony #5 – Gustav Mahler
2) Symphony #7 – Dmitri Shostakovich
3) Heart & Soul – Joy Division (I totally cheated on this one as it's their boxset.)
4) Press Eject & Give Me The Tape - Bauhaus
5) Floodland – Sisters of Mercy (I need to dance)
6) Gone to Earth – David Sylvian
7) Soundtrack to My Fair Lady (I'd prefer the movie soundtrack, but I have the play)
8) Helmut Lotti Goes Classic II
9) A Million in Prizes – Iggy Pop
10) Total Madness: The Very Best of Madness – Madness
(That was hard! And can you tell I got tired of linking?)

NEXT CD YOU WANT TO BUY: Snow Borne Sorrow by Nine Horses (side project for David Sylvian)

Labels:

9 Comments:

At Thursday, 17 May, 2007, Blogger Beth said...

I feel like such a gnarly nerd when I read your list. I only know Iggy Pop.

I like this Meme though. You can tell a lot about a person from their iPod.

 
At Thursday, 17 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Swamp Thing" - love the song, but it makes me think of an odd time in my life (think 10/93, and a girl named Cindy who wasn't my wife). Don't think it's made it into iTunes yet......

That's funny about "Supernaut" - that was the first song on my iPod forever. Finally had to rename the band (to One Thousand Homo DJs) so I didn't have to race to find one of my Podcast playlists before the guitar kicked in, especially with Delia in the car. I love "Supernaut" in all it's Secret Trent goodness, but it's just not the first thing you necessarily want to hear when going out to breakfast :^)

PS - coming to town 7/4-7/7, hope to see you!

 
At Friday, 18 May, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Beth - I feel that way when I see lists like this made by young people (sob! I'm no longer young) today. I also noticed that most of my songs I couldn't live w/o were 80s (late 70s).

Rick - Dear heavens, I was just thinking of Cindy a few weeks ago - but why? I keep my iPod on Shuffle Songs always, so I don't normally have to worry about that. Delia's not in love with Supernaut? Great dancing song. I'll be on mandatory shutdown and have nowhere to go, so I should be here.

 
At Friday, 18 May, 2007, Blogger Scott said...

I've been listening to Michael Buble lately. We heard him at the end of a movie, a song called Home that I just love. It's light jazz, so not my style, but I really like him.

 
At Friday, 18 May, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

You'll fall in love with Grinderman soon enough. Of course "Atmosphere" and "Swamp Thing" are on my list too...

 
At Friday, 18 May, 2007, Blogger Kelly said...

Great post! The most played songs on my iPod would have to be stuff from the early 90's Hip Hop/ Rap playlist.

 
At Saturday, 19 May, 2007, Blogger fermicat said...

I agree with Beth - you can tell a lot about a person by what they listen to. I also can't go to a party without checking out the host's bookshelves (or lack thereof).

 
At Saturday, 19 May, 2007, Blogger LL said...

Most played?

Depends on my mood...

I'd tell you, but it'd date me too badly. ;P

 
At Thursday, 24 May, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

I love Coin-Operated Boy! That one's fun to sing with!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home