Sunday, May 20, 2007

I hate Crave!!!

I tried to go to bed an hour ago, but Crave is having some sort of loud ass party. I called the police but was told that they got a special pass on the local noise ordinance, but he'd send someone around. Well, I finally gave up trying to sleep - mind you, this POS bar/restaurant is a good quarter of a mile away from me and it's so fucking loud that if I knew the shit they were playing I could give you the set list. I can tell you that they have played that song where the woman yells, "I've got the power." Or "We've got the power." Since then, it's been pure bass and percussion and needless to say it's pissing me off. I would dearly love to find out where the manager or owner of Crave lives so that tomorrow when they're trying to sleep after working all night and keeping me awake, I could go to their houses and blast some Nine Inch Nails or The Stooges or Skinny Puppy.

I told the police officer "I have to deal with this every Friday and Saturday night until 2:00 a.m. and don't complain, but it's Sunday night and I have to work at 6:00 a.m." He understood, but because the city has chosen to allow them to blast music half the night, the police can't do anything about it. I'm really pleased because I just looked Crave up to call them (yeah, they didn't answer, the fuckers) and this is a series of SEVEN Sunday night parties. I will be finding somewhere else to spend the night those nights, since it seems as if since I've complained they've just gotten louder. The really ridiculous part of this? It's only 40-some degrees out there, so are there really people OUTSIDE in 40 degree weather? I also can't even begin to imagine how bloody loud it must be over there considering how friggin' loud it is in my apt and I'm a quarter of a mile away. BTW, the answer to that question is yes, because I can hear some chick screaming.

Do you think if I showed up in my PJs that anything would change? Yeah, me neither.

Wow, it's only 11:30, just 2.5 more hours of this crap and then I can get two hours of sleep. That'll make me effective and cheery tomorrow. I will be calling the City of Dearborn tomorrow, not that I think it'll do any good, but it's good to get a complaint in. And if necessary, I'll petition the neighbors to call. I can't possibly be the only one being bothered by it.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At Monday, 21 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to say, I enjoy not being able to hear that music each and every freakin' Sunday night. But the weird thing... I can still hear those stupid model boats that buzz around the pond in front of the apartment!

 
At Monday, 21 May, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

I can't believe the city would allow something like to happen on a Sunday night! That's ridiculous!! We had a church where I used to live around the corner that would run it's Sunday night sermons until past midnight and they were one of the rowdy, roll-in-the-aisle, hollerin' churches! They didn't last long in our neighborhood, thank goodness! But then they moved underneath my mom's store and hooked speakers up to their ceiling (her floor) and would play their stuff so loud it shook her shelves!!! No respect! I'm sorry you had to deal with that!

 
At Monday, 21 May, 2007, Blogger fermicat said...

That would bug me, too. I can't believe they got permission to do that until 2am on a Sunday night! Too bad you can't stay in a nice hotel and send them the bill.

And seven weeks?!? You should complain every week, and so should all your neighbors. That just ain't right...

 
At Monday, 21 May, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Urs - Anna's ready to go to the city about the boats. After 17 years I'm finally fed up enough that I might mention it when I call the city re: Crave.

Heather - Probably doesn't look too good when you complain about a church, but heavens, you'd think a church would be a tad bit more considerate.

Fermi - At least I now know when I'll be kept up all night - or perhaps the City will actually do something about it. I just can't believe that the permit really allows them to blast music that loudly.

 
At Monday, 21 May, 2007, Blogger fermicat said...

kat - it might be worth renting or borrowing some sound equipment that would measure the loudness in dB. If it is loud a quarter mile away, it very likely exceeds some sort of safety limit. If the city has exempted them from noise ordinances, you might be able to get them for exceeding occupational limits or something like that.

 
At Monday, 21 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's total suckage!

 
At Monday, 21 May, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

Crave does suck! The owner's name is Khalil Ramadan. Maybe you should do a Zaba search. I'd say you could sleep on my couch, but then you'd have to put up with the music from the Andiamo patio...

 
At Monday, 21 May, 2007, Blogger Beth said...

Permission on a Sunday night? Wow, where I live there are laws on Sundays because the religious thing. Bars can be within a certain feet of churches, beer can't be sold before noon on Sunday, and 10pm is the latest you can blast anything ... period.

Of course, I live in the middle of a forest in the middle of nowhere ... if I heard that crap, I'd REALLY be scared.

I'm glad you're doing something about it.

 
At Tuesday, 22 May, 2007, Blogger Nob Hill Omnivore said...

Poor you that totally sucks! I'm all for a wild party but you shouldn't have to listen to it from a mile away. I never have understood people having parties on Sundays, Sundays are for doing laundry and catching up on reading.

 
At Tuesday, 22 May, 2007, Blogger Scott said...

Good for you, Kat. Go for it and get everyone involved. That just isn't right to have to put up with that much loud music so late at night.

 
At Wednesday, 23 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! ~hugs~ I bet right now you're hating those creeps from Anaheim more than the creeps from Crave! ~more hugs~

 
At Wednesday, 23 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to suggest what Fermicat suggested: Record it. Only you might also consider borrowing someone's digital camcorder (with a high-quality independent microphone attached temporarily) and videotaping for a minute or so inside your apartment in the hope that it will pick up the sound level as clearly as your ears do. Then film out your open window in the direction of the bar -- or go out on the front step and film from there too. If you play that at the city council meeting, in front of an audience, it might make more of an impression than anything. And it might embarrass the council into taking action when you inform them and the audience that they (or their predecessors) made that horrible noise level legal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home