Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Angels at Tigers

The past few days have been interesting. As you could imagine, I was just bloody tired from the lack of sleep over the weekend. I called the City on Monday and got a lot of sympathy. I also got the name of the Deputy Director of Recreation for whom I left a message. He called me back at 7:09 p.m. Not hours I want, thank you very much. Anyway, he informed me that Crave had NOT submitted for a special permit to violate the noise ordinance law, but even if they had, the decibel level allowed is 80 (normal is 62-75) which supposedly they hadn't violated during their Cinco de Mayo party which I find really hard to believe. At any rate, working with a bunch of engineers has paid off in that one of them had a decibel level meter reader doohickey and he's brought it in for me. I can't waste to test it out this weekend. I might have to check it against those damned boats, too.

When I got home from the gym on Monday Anna was out cutting the grass and I stopped her and asked if they had been bothered by the noise and she was beside herself by how loud it was as well. While talking to Anna, Jen came home and she also had been bothered by the noise and couldn't believe where it was coming from after I told her. I gave both of them the Deputy Director's phone number.

When I talked to the Deputy Director he gave me the phone number for the Night Commander of the police and said to call the NC the next time it happens and make a fuss and say that if it's not taken care of that I will be calling the Mayor's Office. He said the Mayor will definitely take care of it.

I also found out Monday at the gym from Drew (the man who has created my new workout schedule which is so not fun, but I think works) that Crave had put the speakers on the friggin' roof!! No wonder it was travelling so far. The Deputy Director found that to be interesting information. I talked to Pamela today (and told her that she's never allowed to go to Crave again and give them money) and she said that not only that but they put the DJ table and something else up on the roof and that the fire chief probably wouldn't like that, so I might have additional information. I'm telling you, I'm going after them full bore. There is just no reason to be that inconsiderate. Bastards. I'll keep you posted!!!

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At Wednesday, 23 May, 2007, Blogger Nob Hill Omnivore said...

Oooh, Ms Kat you get'em. I can't remember the last time I heard you this fired up. I'll remember to never disturb your sleep with crappy music. God I love you...

 
At Thursday, 24 May, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Sal - ;-) They're making me not love my apt., and that pisses me off! I love you, too!

 
At Thursday, 24 May, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

Good luck!! I hope you take the bastards down!

 
At Thursday, 24 May, 2007, Blogger LL said...

Now, now... aren't you supposed to forgive and forget? ;)

Dern old ladies and their sensitivities... :P

 
At Thursday, 24 May, 2007, Blogger Kelly said...

Hope you are able to catch up on your sleep.

 
At Thursday, 24 May, 2007, Blogger fermicat said...

Yes! Measure the noise level get 'em with science!!

 
At Thursday, 24 May, 2007, Blogger fakies said...

Adding your name to the list of people not to piss off...

I wonder if your tester can measure the decibel level of screaming children. If so, can I borrow it?

 
At Thursday, 24 May, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Heather - That is my plan.

LL - Who you calling old? I still need my alarm clock. ;-P

Utopia - That is my plan!!! And the reason for this. I'm picturing getting no sleep all summer if I don't take this seriously.

Fermi - I like facts when I'm taking someone on.

Trina - I'm hard to piss off, but once you've done it, it's darn hard to get off the list.

 
At Friday, 25 May, 2007, Blogger Beth said...

I LOVE that you're fighting these bastards. I mean, LOVE it! I love all the calls, rallying the troops, and omg, a decibel-reader thingamabob. Although I hate the phrase, it just fits -- YOU ROCK!

Definitely keep us posted. I can't wait to read about your victory.

 
At Friday, 25 May, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Beth - They've been quiet all week, but today is Friday and it's a Holiday weekend. We shall see what happens. I seriously want to bitch-slap someone.

 
At Monday, 28 May, 2007, Blogger Fantasy Writer Guy said...

So how did it go yesterday?

Did they make you want to stab your eardrums with sharp zktvpngs?

 
At Monday, 28 May, 2007, Blogger Kelly said...

Sounds really frustrating!

 
At Tuesday, 29 May, 2007, Blogger Scott said...

This fight is getting interesting! Go get 'em!

 
At Tuesday, 29 May, 2007, Blogger mr. schprock said...

Where's Charles Bronson when you need him? He'd administer a little justice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home