Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sweet Someone

Wow!

Here's the High School Meme which I have borrowed from LL

1. Who was your best friend (in high school)? Judy, until senior year when the group I decided I wasn't cool and then she moved out of our locker without telling me.

2. What sports did you play? LOL!!! I played intramural floor hockey and soccer to get out of the second credit I needed for the gym requirement. I'm not athletic.

3. What kind of car did you drive? None, I didn't get my license until I was a month shy of my 20th b-day. I wasn't comfortable driving a car and if you had driven with the Former Father (FF), you wouldn't have been either.

4. It’s Friday night, where were you? Either working or studying, unless it was the weekend of the school play, then I was at school where I was head usher (ooohh, aren't you all impressed) sophomore through senior year.

5. Were you a party animal? Um, no.

6. Were you in the “In Crowd”? Ha ha! Nothing like revisiting the days of hell that were high school. Um no, I was part of the cool egghead crowd until two of the guys decided they didn't like me and that was the end of it. Nobody in the group ever talked to me again.

7. Ever skip school? Heavens no, it was a Catholic school and they took attendance and called your parents if you weren't there. Not that I would have anyway since the FF would have killed me. I never even skipped a class.

8. Ever smoke? Nope, I tried it in college once or twice, but I didn't get the attraction.

9. Were you a nerd? I don't think so, but what do I know.

10. Did you get suspended/expelled? I'm still alive today which is a clear indication that I was not ever expelled or suspended from school.

11. Can you sing the alma mater? I don't think we had a school song, other than the fight song.

12. Who was your favorite teacher? Sister Carmen, she taught Spanish and she was a freaking riot.

13. Favorite class? Spanish, of course, but I also loved Mythology with Mr. Grewe.

14. What was your school’s full name? Bishop Borgess High School

15. School mascot? We were the Spartans, the mighty, mighty Spartans.

16. Did you go to Prom? Yes, my older sister felt I had to, so she found me a date, a dress and I think paid for the ticket. Otherwise, I would not have gone. Girls didn't go to the prom in a group back then.

17. If you could go back and do it over, would you? Hell no! What am I? A glutton for punishment? It was HELL!

18. What do you remember most about graduation? The people I went with (parents were driving down later) were running late and I remember getting dropped off in the middle of Jefferson Avenue and running for Ford Auditorium with a few other people. I think I dropped my tassel, but recovered it w/o getting run over it.

19. Favorite memory of your Senior Year? Senior Year sucked the worst, so I have to say there is no favorite memory of that year.

20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? Um, what?

21. Did you have a job your senior year? And junior year and sophomore year and freshman year.

22. Who did you date? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Good one! (I totally stole LL's response for this.)

23. Where did you go most often for lunch? We weren't allowed to leave "campus" (read: school building) except in our senior year and I didn't have time, I had solid classes. Hell, my lunches usually consisted of a Milkshake candy bar eaten in the five minutes I had for lunch.

24. Have you gained weight since then? As if thinking about high school wasn't painful enough, they now ask if I've gained poundage in the intervening 25 years. What the hell do you think? And unlike LL, I'm not telling you how much I've gained, thank you very much!

25. What did you do after graduation? Went to college and even though it was a commuter campus, I somehow managed to practically live there. I'd leave home by 7:30 every morning and wouldn't get home until after the library closed at 11:00. I was NEVER home.

I think if I did this for college, it would have been a tad more interesting.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, 27 February, 2007, Blogger mr. schprock said...

I feel like I know you just a little better. When I look back at high school, I regret not taking advantage all the things it offered. I was a complete goof off.

 
At Tuesday, 27 February, 2007, Blogger fermicat said...

That link... wow, indeed.

 
At Tuesday, 27 February, 2007, Blogger LL said...

THIEF!!!

Ok... I'll forgive you... even if you sent people my direction and refused to answer the weight question... ;)

word ver: iqdum (do I really need to add anything to that?)

 
At Tuesday, 27 February, 2007, Blogger Fantasy Writer Guy said...

You had a Mythology course?

A MYTHOLOGY course??

You lucky little...! I would have loved that. Instead I got to take courses like Microbiology where we had to memorize specific properties for eight hundred and fifty eight different kinds of potato blight and then take a bell-ringer test. Ever take a bell-ringer test? Its enough to make your head explode.

 
At Wednesday, 28 February, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Schprockie - I regret having to go to high school. ;-)

Fermi - Maybe it's a girl thing.

LL - I'm not a thief! I told you I was going to take it!!!

FWG - It was an English class and it kicked butt. I also took microbiology which I also loved. I thought it was so cool. Unfortunately, chemistry and I were not friends, hence, no microbiology career for me.

 
At Wednesday, 28 February, 2007, Blogger Beth said...

Gosh, proms are such hell. I went with the first boy who asked. I was so worried about not having a date. He was handsome, but later I found out he was gay. That explains why he kept his hands to himself ... and was such a good dancer.

 
At Thursday, 01 March, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Beth - At least you got asked. ;-)

 
At Tuesday, 06 March, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

Ohhh...the horrible horrible memories of high school. I might steal this from you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home