Thursday, February 08, 2007

Forever After

Wow, I don't feel like I'm dying which is nice and for the first time in about two weeks. I spent all weekend inside and ended up blowing Jesse off for the symphony again. I left work on Friday shortly after 10:00 after getting there by 5:45. I couldn't keep my eyes open and pretty much felt death-like. This after sleeping most of Thursday (stayed home) and going to bed at 8:00 on Tuesday and Wednesday. I couldn't find anybody to use the symphony tix so they went to waste. Dang it. That's the problem with deciding you're too sick to go a few hours beforehand. Anyway, I went home early and slept for over 3 hours in the middle of the day which is generally a clear indication that I'm not well. I love sleep but I find that I can't sleep my life away like I used to.

I did do laundry on Saturday, so I ran up and down the stairs doing six loads of laundry! Two loads of sheets, one load of towels, then delicates, darks and lights. It was a relief to get it all done. Now to make myself put the last of the clothes away. The laundry basket is sitting in my room reproaching me every time I walk in there. (I wrote this on Monday and guess what? Yup, laundry basket is still sitting there.)

I realise that I haven't listed the Books Read and Movies Watched in January yet. I only finished one book, although I did get halfway through another one. The problem was that because I didn't feel well, I didn't go to the gym which means that I didn't do a lot of reading. I did a lot of knitting though, half of which is boxed up and addressed and ready for the post office. (I made it to the post office on Tuesday.)

Zapata Lives! by Gary Keller was the book and I have to say that I was not as enamoured of it as I had planned on being. In fact, I was kind of hating it, but again that damn elliptical machine kept me reading. I'm glad I finished it, because I hate not finishing books (books I've never finished: The Trial by Kafka, Crime & Punishment by Dostoyevsky, and Moll Flanders by Daniel Dafoe), but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it to anyone.

The second book I was reading in January I was ripping through when I would get to the gym, but didn't finish it since I was sick and not going to the gym, and I was doing a whole lot of sleeping. I'll tell you about it next month since it's officially a February book, but I will give you the title and a link The City of Falling Angels by John Berendt, author of Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil.

Movies

1/1 - Monsters, Inc. (K), Wallace & Gromit: 3 Adventures (K), Lady & the Tramp (K - VHS) – I think these probably speak for themselves. I was in a G-Rated Movie mood.

1/4 - An Inconvenient Truth (PPV) – I watched this with Ursamajor on OOMA's Big Ass TV and I have to say that I want one. The movie itself was incredible and I highly recommend it.

1/6 – Eddie Izzard: Definite Article (K) – If you have never seen Eddie Izzard, then you are very sad, indeed. He's bloody hilarious.

Ivan the Terrible, Parts 1 & 2 (K) – This is the boxset I have and it's fabulous…if you like black-and-white old Russian movies.

1/7 - Inherit the Wind (TCM) – Yes, I know I just watched this last year, but it was on TCM and I wanted to see it again. Spencer Tracy was fabulous as the Clarence Darrow character and Fredric March was crazy good as the William Jennings Bryant character. 12 Angry Men (TCM) – What can I say. It came on right after Inherit the Wind and as I had been wanting to see it, I just stuck with TCM and enjoyed my 32nd viewing of this movie. (That might be a slight exaggeration.)

1/8 - Pretty Woman (K - VHS) – As you can probably tell since I watched it on VHS, I've owned this movie a very long time, but hadn't watched it in many a moon, mostly because it was on VHS, but I was really in the mood for a romantic comedy that day so I dragged it out. I still love it. Sometimes I like chick flicks, what can I say.

1/9 - Eddie Izzard: Dressed to Kill (K) – Eddie starts this one with a bit about San Francisco as that's where it was filmed and I was crying I was laughing so hard. It's funny even if you've never lived there, but it's downright hysterical, if you do or did.

1/28 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (N) – If you noticed this is my only Netflix movie of the month. I was luring them into a false of security. I'm hitting them up bigtime this month! Anyway, I enjoyed this movie, but might need to watch it again to see if I liked it as much as the first. There were bits of it that were a "tad icky," so I wouldn't take young children (or extremely squeamish adults), but I got over the ickiness and was able to enjoy it. You just can't go wrong with Johnny Depp as the very fey (more so than the first movie, I thought) Captain Jack Sparrow.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At Thursday, 08 February, 2007, Blogger fakies said...

Loved POTC. I've never read a book at the gym. Maybe I would go more if I tried that.

 
At Thursday, 08 February, 2007, Blogger fermicat said...

I also hate to let tickets go to waste. We have a pair of $60 "bookmarks" from when PDM bought us hockey tickets and we got extremely sick the night before the game from some bad food. Needless to say, we were in no condition to attend a game the next day and were unable to find anyone else to use the tix.

 
At Friday, 09 February, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Trina - It's literally the only thing that keeps me going to the gym.

Fermi - LOL! Those are some pricy bookmarks.

 
At Friday, 09 February, 2007, Blogger Scott said...

You know how I feel about An Inconvenient Truth already. In my mind, no matter how you stand on the issue of about Global Warming, you should see this movie. This isn't a typical political screed, rather a fact based, as in backed by science, treatise.

 
At Friday, 09 February, 2007, Blogger LL said...

Laundry, books, and movies...

I'm beginning to think you don't know what weekends are for. ;)

 
At Friday, 09 February, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are no instructions for Me/Not Me...just pick categories and photos at will! Rules are boring anyway.

And I just read a book called "Working Stiff's Manifesto" by Iain Levison that was pretty entertaining. Short, though. Everything else I've read lately has been kinda "meh."

 
At Friday, 09 February, 2007, Blogger Babs Gladhand said...

Glad you're starting to feel better.

You can't go wrong with Johnny Depp as anything.

 
At Sunday, 11 February, 2007, Blogger Beth said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Sunday, 11 February, 2007, Blogger Beth said...

How do you read at the gym?

Oh, I saw your other post too about Tom and all. I think one man's happiness is another man's insanity. LOL I don't take offense though. I realize people just aren't educated on the subject and don't have the benefit of actually being IN the church like myself.

Also, I once read a Time magazine article about Scientology that was wrong from start to finish. The church actually sued the magazine and won ... proving you can't believe anything you read ... especially from people who sell sensationalism.

 
At Monday, 12 February, 2007, Blogger Kathleen said...

Scott - Last week I got the Born Agains' rebuttal to An Inconvenient Truth. I'm pretty it's long since deleted, but if I still have it I'll send it to you.

LL - Hey, it was below zero and I wasn't feeling well. I went to the bar this past Friday...better? ;-)

Loopy - Working Stiff's Manifesto sounds interesting. I might have to check it out.

Fluma - You know it, girl.

Beth - I get that question a lot. My response is How do you not read at the gym? It's the only thing that keeps me on the machine. I get too bored otherwise. I've never experienced the endorphin rush I've heard so much about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home