Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Lamentation

I'm outta here in two hours as I'm going to the Tigers game today. I hope the weather clears up because I'm not really in the mood to get wet. I'm going with the incredible Glen who got the tix for my b-day. I'll be sitting in the first row behind home plate upper deck. How cool is that????? PRAY FOR NO RAIN!!!

Pet Peeve: People who bathe in their friggin' cologne. We used to have a guy in our dept who would do that. I was so happy when we got rid of him, but another dept. brought him back, but didn't actually give him a desk, so he's squatting in my dept making us all gag once again. Vile, simply vile.

Heather did this survey a while back and I stole it for a dry period. She had borrowed it from someone else, El Sid, whom I'm much too lazy to go and find just to link to her. It was much longer but I deleted stupid questions like when I have gym period. Oh, and I answered this yesterday but didn't have time to post it, so some answers would be different if I cared enough to go back and change them.

1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
Cervical diskectomy & fusion – it's in the crease in my neck and everybody tells me that they can't see it, but I can.

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
The dreamcatcher Clarity sent me for Christmas last year. In fact, it's the only thing hung in the entire apt. as I've been lazy and uninspired with the picture hanging.

3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE?
Black & silver flip phone – pretty basic

4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
Goth/industrial/punk/New Wave mostly, but also big into Classical.

5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
No, because Mom doesn't remember when her middle child was born. I think she could tell you the time of all her other children, but she can't even tell me if it were morning, noon, or night.

6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
To be skinny again

7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
Crispy Crunch Tofu from Thai Stick in San Francisco – official name was Tofu Krob or something like that.

8. WHAT IS THE VELOCITY OF AN UNLADEN SPARROW IN FLIGHT?
I'm deferring to El Sid on this one as she had the right answer.

9. DO YOU PREFER HOT DOGS OR HAMBURGERS?
Boca burgers

10. WHAT ARE YOU CONSIDERED [[PREP, GOTH, JOCK, ETC]]?
I'm thinking this has to be another teenager-inspired survey. We didn't have goths when we were in high school – just jocks and burnouts, and probably whatever they called the "brains." I was a brain.

11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Not usually.

12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
Me, for being stupid and letting someone else upset me.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?
Vanilla by The Body Shop

14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Dark hair/dark eyes

15. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS?
Neither, I avoid anything that makes me jittery.

16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Mushrooms (real, not canned – blech) and onions

17. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I'm full from lunch, but I can tell you it wouldn't have been the shitty piece of pizza I got from the cafeteria.

18. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?
Me, for letting someone else upset me.

19. DO YOU SPEAK ANOTHER LANGUAGE?
Mas o menos

20. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU:
The first gift I remember receiving from someone outside the family was a b-day present for my 12th birthday. It was a stuffed beanbag multi-colored bean bag dog which I still have to this day. Her name is Daphne. If I remember I'll take a pic and attach it.

21. DO YOU LIKE SOMEONE?
Unfortunately.

22. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
No, I'm lucky to be normally jointed, I'm so uncoordinated.

23. FAVORITE CLOTHING STORE?
It used to be Chico's. I haven't come up with a replacement yet.

24. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS TAKEN?
Hard to control with whom you fall in love, but I certainly wouldn't act on it if the person were taken.

25. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
Knit them a scarf or make them a rosary (if they're not Catholic, though, this might confuse them).

26. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
What about redheads? I'm offended.

27. WHO IS THE NUMBER ONE PERSON YOU CALL OFTEN?
Probably Martha and we don't even talk that often.

28. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
Stupidity & men – they seem to go hand-in-hand.

29. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE U.S.?
Since I live in Detroit, I'm discounting Windsor, Ontario, Canada as having been out of the country. Yes, I've been to Mexico many times (but never enough), Toronto, ONT, Edmonton, ALB & Cairo, Egypt.

30. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
Kryptonite & having food in the house

31. FIRST JOB?
Babysitting, of course, but if we're talking first job with W-2 form, that'd be Burger King.

32. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
No, not my style.

33. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS?
Reading blogs and doing the Happy Dance because the Mandatory Golf (or stay inside and play cards for 8 hours) Outing has been canceled.

34. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Absolutely nothing. Not that I'm perfect or perfectly gorgeous, but I think plastic surgery is unbelievably stupid unless a deformity is being fixed.

35. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY?
Because I forgot to bring the notebook where I write down the books read and movies watched for the month with me and I didn't feel like telling you all about how I spent damn near the entire weekend sitting at home all by myself.

36. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
My cool Chucks (entire collection soon to be posted at flickr.com)

37. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME LEGAL FOR ANY AGE?
I have to agree with whoever I stole this survey from: "Start avoiding the bars, because they'd be full of fucking kids."

38. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
So far, I've gotten nothing (except for a check from Grandma) from the family. My friends, however, came through in style: sweet ass tix to tomorrow's Tigers game, sweet ass framed papyrus from Egypt to go with my collection, extremely sweet ass framed pics of My Igor with his wine label – oh, also autographed. Utterly cool. I gave my mom a list of movies or a couple of different pairs of Chucks that I want, but so far nothing.

39. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
The number that I have now. ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, CERO.

40. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My Aunt Kathy who had gone into the convent. My Mom is VERY Catholic.

41. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
Yup, fat lot of good it has ever done me.

42. WHICH FINGER[S] IS YOUR FAVORITE?
I like them all, although I like them better when I'm skinny.

43. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
Yesterday when I heard Steve Irwin had died.

44. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Sometimes I write better than others.

45. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
I'm a vegetarian, I don't eat lunch meat, but when I did, I didn't like any of it, but could suffer through liverwurst if I had to. PB&J was the sandwich of choice.

46. ANY BAD HABITS?
Seriously thinking about not answering the phone when it rings.

47. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF?
I suppose people will think I should be embarrassed by my Barry Manilow CDs. I also have Helen Reddy & Neil Diamond.

48. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOURSELF?
God, I'd hope so.

49. HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A SECRET YOU SWORE NOT TO TELL?
Possibly, but it might have been when I was a stupid ass teenager.

50. DO LOOKS MATTER?
Yes, but I find that a person whom you didn't think was all that attractive can become moreso as you get to know him/her and find that you like them. The opposite is also true.

51. HOW DO YOU RELEASE YOUR ANGER?
In the car, I rant and yell and scream and call people names. Otherwise, I have a tendency to cry.

52. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
I barely have a first home.

53. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY?
Yes, sometimes too easily.

54. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
When I think child, I think young, so I'm going to say this stuffed pillow in the shape of a duck." I couldn't say my Ds, so it was "Guck."

55. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE ON YOUR CELL PHONE?
I like the smart ass response given by the previous survey purveyor, so I'm stealing it: "the usual... zero through nine."

56. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Do certain political science professors pee in the woods?

57. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT?
Yes, quite accidentally, however, as they came about after I was much too old to be that stupid, and had seen people come out with the imprint of a boot on their face.

58. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GIRL/GUY?
I've given up.

59. WHAT'S YOUR NICKNAME(S)?
Kat, 'Leenie, Lemur, Grammar Police, Adverb Police.

60. DO YOU UN-TIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Have to unless I want to break an ankle as I wear only high-tops.

61. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Mother Lode – vanilla ice cream with ribbons of caramel and chocolate covered toffee pieces. YUM!!!

62. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ARTIST/BAND?
Joy Division

63. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE?
Those suckers came out the day before my b-day oh so many years ago. Can you say Birthday Jello?

64. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Delerium's Karma album.

65. LAST THING YOU ATE?
My new favorite chocolate bar: Lindt Swiss Classic Bittersweet Chocolate with chopped hazelnuts.

66. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Martha yesterday (although I might have talked to somebody here at work, but who cares about that).

67. WHATS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Eyes & smile

68. FAVORITE THOUGHT PROVOKING SONG?
Marianne by Tori Amos – it's about a girl who killed herself when they were in school. She told the story at the concert I went to shortly after a close friend had killed himself. Her explanation of the song was so like my response to hearing about my friend's death that I sat there and cried.

69. FAVORITE THING TO DO:?
Knit, read, bead, watch movies, go to races, go to baseball & hockey games

70. FAVORITE DRINK:
Guinness

71. FAVORITE ZODIAC SIGN:
I guess Leo since that's what I am.

72. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT?
Champ Car Racing, of course

73. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
Strawberry blonde, although my hairdresser says I'm more just a redhead than a strawberry blonde.

74. WHAT IS YOUR EYE COLOR?
Blue

75. DO YOU WEAR GLASSES?
Since I was 8.

76. SIBLINGS?
Two of each, one of each older and younger – I'm a true middle child.

77. FAVORITE MONTH?
August

78. DO YOU LIKE SUSHI?
Only vegetarian

79. LAST THING YOU WATCHED?
Meet Joe Black was on AMC last night and I watched that. I'm totally over Brad Pitt, not that he was ever on The List or even close to making the list, but I still love that movie.

80. Favorite Day of the Year?
Thanksgiving

81. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
No, but I've learned from experience that men don't want to be asked out – regardless of what they say – so I have given up. They have to ask me.

82. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer, beyond the shadow of a doubt!

83. KISSES OR HUGS?
Hugs, although finding someone who knows how to kiss without it being a war is a good thing.

84. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
Relationship

85. BIGGEST FEAR?
That this country will be stupid enough to vote Republican again.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, 06 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you remember that woman at the Evil Old Job who wore so much perfume that the HR folks had to tell her to knock it off?

Have fun at the game tonight. Go Tigers!

 
At Wednesday, 06 September, 2006, Blogger Beth said...

I'm still stuck on the cologne bath. OMG, it's one of my biggest pet peeves. I'm allergic to cologne and perfume, but why do so many people insisting on spraying/applying fragrances directly to them/their clothes? I keep thinking their needs to be some kind of national announcement about how to apply fragrances correctly.

Listen up, Peeps, mist, wait, then walk through. That's all you need because you're killing the rest of us!

 
At Thursday, 07 September, 2006, Blogger Kathleen said...

Suzy - It's a vague memory. There were so many freakazoids at that company.

Beth - I've tried that, but it never seems to work for me. Of course, I'm a firm believer in one drop on one wrist, then rub wrists together and then wipe residual on neck. That's when I wear any which is rare because I find it annoying.

 
At Thursday, 07 September, 2006, Blogger Scott said...

Funny, I miss my Thai restaurant on Lombard Street the most out of all things. It was a little slice of heaven. I'll ignore your last line!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home